Ouran High School Host Club, Volume 2

by Bisco Hatori | Graphic Novels |
Registered by R2s-D2 of Calgary, Alberta Canada on 3/25/2007
Journal Entry 1 by R2s-D2 from Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, March 25, 2007
Pre-numbered label used for registration.

Back of book:
In this screwball romantic comedy,Haruhi, a poor girl at a rich kids' school, is forced to repay and $80,000 debt by working for the school's swankiest, all-male club-as a boy! There, she dicovers just how wealthy (and gorgeous) the six members are and how different the rich are from everybody else....

The school-wide physical exam has thrown the members of the Host Club for a loop. How can the doctor NOT dicover that Haruhi is a girl?! And once the female customers learn the truth, Haruhi can kiss her job goodbye. But then life at the club will be unbearably boring if she leaves! So the guys wrack their brains for a solution....

I truly, truly, LOVE this series. The solutions they come up with will leave everybody rolling in laughter!

Journal Entry 2 by R2s-D2 at Manga/Comic Bookbox in by mail, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Sunday, June 10, 2007

Released 12 yrs ago (6/10/2007 UTC) at Manga/Comic Bookbox in by mail, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

Sending in my Manga bookbox.

Journal Entry 3 by Nell-Lu from Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, July 28, 2007
Another one from R2s-D2's manga bookbox. This isn't quite as good as volume 1 of the series, but it's still pretty impressive. I enjoyed the sarcastic asides and the author's interludes. The backgrounds get really baroque in places, which is great. Bisco Hatori rocks!

Journal Entry 4 by Nell-Lu from Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Tuesday, July 31, 2007
I've taken this out of the bookbox; it will continue its travels soon, although I haven't yet decided whether to wild release, RABCK or bookray it.

Journal Entry 5 by Nell-Lu from Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, October 25, 2007
I'm starting a book spiral for this and Volume 1. This book will be sent out in late November, a month after the first one.

Update, 27 November 2007: everyone except okyrhoe has dropped out of the spiral, for one reason or another. So, this is going off as a RABCK to okyrhoe this afternoon. Hope you enjoy it!

Journal Entry 6 by okyrhoe from Athens - Αθήνα, Attica Greece on Wednesday, December 05, 2007
Arrived in my p.o.box today. Thanks again!

All about real-life Host clubs.

The bookspiral will continue with more participants from Greece, same as Volume 1.

Journal Entry 7 by okyrhoe from Athens - Αθήνα, Attica Greece on Friday, January 25, 2008
Will be passing it on to the next reader on Sunday January 27 at the Athens BC monthly meet-up.

Journal Entry 8 by okyrhoe from Athens - Αθήνα, Attica Greece on Tuesday, January 29, 2008
What with all the commotion at Sunday's meeting (over 50 people attended!), I forgot this little volume in my bag. Sent it yesterday by post to deadendmind.

With some of the ring participants at Sunday's meet-up, we had a talk about Japanese society and morals. I will try to make my book about host/hostess clubs available, possibly as a ring.

Meanwhile, I have time for a few comments:

I liked the artwork better in this volume, but I wasn't so impressed by the story.

What I did like are B. Hatori's asides -->
- "Happiness. One reason for it is usually enough."
- "Art's a lonely business! Hah!"

and also her tongue-in-cheek pronouncements -->
- "Presented per no one's request: The Usual Flirtatious Drawing to End the Volume."

Thanks again Nell-Lu for the opportunity to read these manga!

Journal Entry 9 by okyrhoe from Athens - Αθήνα, Attica Greece on Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Manga bookspiral continues with:

hippolein (Finland)
[laevina (USA) -asked to be skipped-]
[sunfi (USA)-asked to be skipped-]
Lottiotta (UK)
My bookray has completed. The book continues its journey with a third bookray list, see Lottiota's journal entry #21 below.

Journal Entry 10 by deadendmind from Athens - Αθήνα, Attica Greece on Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Received today! Thanks okyrhoe!

Journal Entry 11 by deadendmind from Athens - Αθήνα, Attica Greece on Wednesday, February 06, 2008
It was nice and had some funny moments, but I didn't like it more than the first volume. I found some of the situations and reactions of the characters overly exaggerated. It was an enjoyable read nevertheless, although I doubt I would continue reading the series.
I did like the story of the romantic egoist in the end.

Will pass it on to the next participant. Thank you!

Journal Entry 12 by redrighthand on Sunday, February 10, 2008
I ended the volume in a few hurs!I liked it much better than the first and I'm looking forward for the third!!!I liked the jokes and the relationships betweeen the heroes!An I am in love with Hunny!!!

Journal Entry 13 by Tolkef on Thursday, February 14, 2008
Redrighthand just gave it to me!! I'll start reading it soon!

Journal Entry 14 by Tolkef on Wednesday, March 05, 2008
The book is on its way to Dellaporta!! I didn't enjoy it as much as the first volume... Anyway, still, i'm curious to read the next one!!

Journal Entry 15 by Dellaporta from London, Greater London United Kingdom on Wednesday, September 24, 2008
I rather liked it.

Journal Entry 16 by Dellaporta at Xirokampos, -- Not a city, Geographical features, etc. -- Greece on Thursday, September 25, 2008

Released 11 yrs ago (9/25/2008 UTC) at Xirokampos, -- Not a city, Geographical features, etc. -- Greece

This book is on it's way to japan orange

Journal Entry 17 by koishii from Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki Greece on Friday, December 05, 2008
Mou to esteile n Japanorange! To parelaba xtes! Euxaristw!!

Journal Entry 18 by winghippoleinwing from Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, December 16, 2008
The book arrived safely in Helsinki today.
Will try to find the time to read it as soon as possible, my daughter is going to have a look too ...
Thanks for doing this bookspiral!

Journal Entry 19 by winghippoleinwing from Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Thursday, January 01, 2009
this part was a lot better than the first one, you can notice that the writer has found the way to express the feelings and the humour in an all new and suitable way. Good that I had both at home to read them after each other, would never have given it a second thought after part one.
Now it would be nice to see how the series continues ;-)

Comment from my daughter (necoconeco): was a very nice drawn and well told story, except for the extra part, but as that was one that was made so long before the writer got into the books, it's normal the quality is not the same.
Was nice to read and seems the right type of books for me!

Journal Entry 20 by winghippoleinwing at By mail, Book Spiral -- Controlled Releases on Friday, January 02, 2009

Released 11 yrs ago (1/2/2009 UTC) at By mail, Book Spiral -- Controlled Releases

The book is leaving for the next person on the list (in the UK) with the afternoon mail. Hope it arrives there safely and fast, despite the holiday mail that has been getting delivery slow in the UK.

Journal Entry 21 by Lottiotta from Aberdovey, Wales United Kingdom on Monday, January 05, 2009
Thank you, that was quick! I'm looking forward to this. :)

16th January 2009
Better than the first volume - more together, somehow. And I remembered the characters and their quirks, so my mind flowed more easily through the plot. I think I won't be looking for later volumes, but I'll check bookmooch before I continue the ray.

Raying it forward once again!
Participants:

• lucy-lemon, UK
  • Projekt-X, UK
  • katrinat, UK
  • tsjara, Netherlands
  • eowyn-unquendor, Holland Skipped
  • moonpixie, France <-- book is here!
  • naturalone, Germany
  • londondungeon, USA
  • Supertalya, South Korea with US address
  • Miss-Owl, Australia (can ship int'l if necessary by surface mail)
  • LilzGold, New Zealand (can ship int'l)

As before, participants on this list had automatically been added from the list for Volume 1.

I list my bookrings at The Bookring Directory!

Released 11 yrs ago (1/18/2009 UTC) at A non-bookcrosser, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

On a bookring! :)

Journal Entry 23 by lucy-lemon from Llandudno, Wales United Kingdom on Sunday, January 25, 2009
Arrived a couple of days ago - thank you!

Journal Entry 24 by lucy-lemon at by mail, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Friday, February 13, 2009

Released 11 yrs ago (2/12/2009 UTC) at by mail, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

Just couldn't get into them, so sent on to the next person to continue the ring.

Journal Entry 25 by Projekt-X from Kensington and Chelsea, Greater London United Kingdom on Thursday, February 19, 2009
Will get started on this one soon, thanks Lottiotta and Lucy-Lemon :)

Released 10 yrs ago (3/5/2009 UTC) at A non-bookcrosser, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Vol. 2 was a much easier read. Maybe I just got used to the characters... :) I'm now curious as to what happens next....

On its way to katrinat tomorrow!

Journal Entry 27 by katrinat from Southend-on-Sea, Essex United Kingdom on Thursday, March 12, 2009
I'd forgotten I'd signed up for these, hoping to read them next weekend. Thanks for sending

Journal Entry 28 by katrinat from Southend-on-Sea, Essex United Kingdom on Thursday, March 12, 2009
Arrived along with vol 2

Journal Entry 29 by Tsjara from Zaandam, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Saturday, September 19, 2009
Arrived here safely yesterday (together with the first volume and a cute bookmark ^-^). Thanks Katrinat for sending it on and Lottiotta for hosting the ray!

Journal Entry 30 by Tsjara from Zaandam, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Wednesday, October 14, 2009
I enjoyed this one a lot too, quite hilarious sometimes :) I think it was easier to read because I already knew the characters (or got used to the style?).. And the short little Suoh family stories are fun too :)
I would love to see what happens next ^-^
(And I liked romantic egoist too, though the drawings were a bit less sometimes)

eowyn-unquendor would like to be skipped, so have PMed moonpixie for her address.

Journal Entry 31 by Tsjara at Heiloo, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Friday, October 16, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (10/16/2009 UTC) at Heiloo, Noord-Holland Netherlands

The books are now travelling to France.

Happy bookcrossing :)

Journal Entry 32 by moonpixie on Thursday, October 29, 2009
Arrived a few days ago along with a lovely postcard and bookmark (thanks Tsjara!) plus the first volume. I'm currently reading another bookring book at the moment, but as soon as I've finished it I will start on these. :)

Journal Entry 33 by moonpixie on Tuesday, December 29, 2009
These were the first mangas I've ever read and I really enjoyed them! I can't wait to read more of this series. I think I preferred the first one to second, but only slightly. It did take me a while before I was able to tell the characters apart, but once I could I found the whole thing was incredibly funny.
Thanks so much to Lottiotta for letting me participate in this bookray!

PMing naturalone ofr their address.