Ouran High School Host Club, Volume 1

by Bisco Hatori | Graphic Novels |
Registered by R2s-D2 of Calgary, Alberta Canada on 3/25/2007
Journal Entry 1 by R2s-D2 from Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, March 25, 2007
Pre-numbered label used for registration.

Back of book:
In this screwball romantic comedy, a poor girl at a rich kids' school ends up working for the school's swankiest club-and gets mistaken for a boy!

One day, Haruhi, a scholarship student at exclusive Ouran High School, breaks and $80,000 vase that belongs to the "Host Club," a mysterious campus group consisting of six super-rich (and gorgeous) guys. To pay back the damages, she is forced to work for the club, and it's there she dicovers just how wealthy the members are and how different the rich are from everybody else....

I found the anime of this so when I found the book I just had to get it. I LOVE this series. It's just too funny.

Journal Entry 2 by R2s-D2 at Manga/Comic Bookbox in by mail, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Sunday, June 10, 2007

Released 12 yrs ago (6/10/2007 UTC) at Manga/Comic Bookbox in by mail, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

Sending in my Manga bookbox.

Journal Entry 3 by Nell-Lu from Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Friday, July 27, 2007
I read this from R2s-D2's manga bookbox and loved it! The writing is witty and sarcastic - Bisco Hatori really does ironic. The artwork is great; I particularly like the wildly overblown floral backgrounds. If this story took itself seriously it wouldn't work, but with the tongue-in-cheek approach it's great fun. I enjoyed Haruhi introducing the rich kids to prole coffee and common people ramen noodles.

I'll look out for more of Bisco Hatori's work. Thanks for introducing me to a great new author, R2s-D2.

Journal Entry 4 by Nell-Lu from Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Tuesday, July 31, 2007
I've taken this out of the bookbox; it will continue its travels soon, although I haven't yet decided whether to wild release, RABCK or bookray it.

Journal Entry 5 by Nell-Lu from Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, October 25, 2007
I'm starting a book spiral for this and Volume 2. This book will be sent out to the first person during w/c 29 October 2007, and the second book will follow a month later. PM me with your shipping preferences at any time if you'd like to join and I'll add you to the list.

Book spiral ray
Sterile, UK (Europe)
okyrhoe, Greece (Int)

Book ray complete

Journal Entry 6 by Sterile from Burnley, Lancashire United Kingdom on Saturday, November 03, 2007
Arrived safe and well whilst I was at work this afternoon. Thanks for the ring, will read and then pass on within the limit!

Journal Entry 7 by Sterile from Burnley, Lancashire United Kingdom on Tuesday, November 13, 2007
I have read other manga but of a more adult nature. The author does go into some detail with the story adding little gestures and notations throughout. Was it good for me? Only so-so I am afraid!! Maybe too jeuvenile for my tastes but still OK for passing time. Posting on to Greece in the morning.

Released 12 yrs ago (11/13/2007 UTC) at Grahamstown in A bookcrosser , -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

This ringed book continues to Greece. Airmail 14th November 2007

Journal Entry 9 by okyrhoe from Athens - Αθήνα, Attica Greece on Tuesday, November 20, 2007
Arrived in my p.o.box today. Thanks Nell-Lu for including me in the bookspiral and Sterile for posting it to me!

Journal Entry 10 by okyrhoe from Athens - Αθήνα, Attica Greece on Tuesday, November 27, 2007
Manga bookspiral continues with:

hippolein (Finland)
[laevina (USA) -asked to be skipped-]
[sunfi (USA)-asked to be skipped-]
Lottiota (UK)
My bookray has completed. The book continues its journey with a third bookray list, see Lottiota's journal entry #22 below.

Participants are automatically added to the list for Vol. 2

Journal Entry 11 by okyrhoe from Athens - Αθήνα, Attica Greece on Saturday, December 01, 2007
Met up with deadendmind today and gave her the manga. On the way downtown (in the metro train) I was browsing the pages one last time, and noticed the three sidebars with the author's comments to her readers. I must have missed them, as I have no recollection of having paid attention to them the first time through.

When I got up from my seat to exit the train, a young Japanese couple were smiling at me. I think they noticed me reading the manga!

Journal Entry 12 by deadendmind from Athens - Αθήνα, Attica Greece on Sunday, December 02, 2007
Okyrhoe gave me the book yesterday! I'm looking forward to reading it, thank you!

Journal Entry 13 by deadendmind from Athens - Αθήνα, Attica Greece on Monday, December 10, 2007
It was very enjoyable and funny! The more I read manga the more I like them. Thanks Okyrhoe!

I will contact redrighthand, who is next on the list.

Journal Entry 14 by Tolkef on Tuesday, January 08, 2008
I just finished reading! It was quite good and i laughed a lot! I will contact dellaporta and let the book continue its journey.

Journal Entry 15 by Dellaporta from London, Greater London United Kingdom on Sunday, January 27, 2008
Manga bookspiral continues with:

deadendmind (Athens, Greece)
redrighthand (Athens, Greece)
tolkef (Athens, Greece)
dellaporta (Athens, Greece) <--- book is here
- japanorange (Crete, Greece)
- hippolein (Finland)
- laevina (USA)

Journal Entry 16 by Dellaporta at Xirokampos, -- Not a city, Geographical features, etc. -- Greece on Thursday, September 25, 2008

Released 11 yrs ago (9/25/2008 UTC) at Xirokampos, -- Not a city, Geographical features, etc. -- Greece

This book is on it's way to japan orange

Journal Entry 17 by japanorange from Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki Greece on Thursday, October 02, 2008
i received the book yesterday.It seems quite interesting.

Journal Entry 18 by koishii from Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki Greece on Friday, December 05, 2008
Mou to esteile n Japanorange - to parelaba xtes! Euxaristw!!

Journal Entry 19 by winghippoleinwing from Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, December 16, 2008
The book arrived safely in Helsinki today.
Will try to find the time to read it as soon as possible, my daughter is going to have a look too ...
Thanks for doing this bookspiral!

Journal Entry 20 by winghippoleinwing from Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Have to tell I liked the graphic style of this manga, but not that much the story-line in it. I'm still giving it a try for the second part, hoping it will get better. Don't know why I'm not getting into the humour of this manga, usually I do get the Japanese sense of it!

My daughter had a look at this part too, gave good comments on the drawings, but didn't understand the story itself, so she won't be making her own JE this time round.

Journal Entry 21 by winghippoleinwing at By mail, Book Spiral -- Controlled Releases on Friday, January 02, 2009

Released 11 yrs ago (1/2/2009 UTC) at By mail, Book Spiral -- Controlled Releases

The book is leaving for the next person on the list (in the UK) with the afternoon mail. Hope it arrives there safely and fast, despite the holiday mail that has been getting delivery slow in the UK.

Journal Entry 22 by Lottiotta from Aberdovey, Wales United Kingdom on Monday, January 05, 2009
Thank you, that was quick! I'm looking forward to this. :)

16th January 2009
I enjoyed it, but I felt that it was a bit scattered - there were a lot of characters to keep up with! I'm halfway through the second, which is better and a lot more together. Thanks!

I'm last, eh? I'll see if I can find more people. :)

Raying it forward once again!
Participants:

• lucy-lemon, UK
  • Projekt-X, UK
  • katrinat, UK
  • tsjara, Netherlands
  • eowyn-unquendor, Holland Skipped
  • moonpixie, France <-- book is here!
  • naturalone, Germany
  • londondungeon, USA
  • Supertalya, South Korea with US address
  • Miss-Owl, Australia (can ship int'l if necessary by surface mail)
  • LilzGold, New Zealand (can ship int'l)

As before, participants with volume 1 will automatically be added to the list for Volume 2.

I list my bookrings at The Bookring Directory!

Released 11 yrs ago (1/18/2009 UTC) at A non-bookcrosser, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Bookring! :)

Journal Entry 24 by lucy-lemon from Llandudno, Wales United Kingdom on Sunday, January 25, 2009
Arrived a couple of days ago - thanks! I'm really looking forward to reading this, but have loads to read in front of it I'm afraid :-/

Journal Entry 25 by lucy-lemon at by mail, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Friday, February 13, 2009

Released 11 yrs ago (2/12/2009 UTC) at by mail, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

Just couldn't get into them, so sent on to the next person to continue the ring.

Journal Entry 26 by Projekt-X from Kensington and Chelsea, Greater London United Kingdom on Thursday, February 19, 2009
Arrived this week, halfway through current ring this is next on the list! It's been a while since I read manga, I'm eager to start again! Thanks Lottiotta and Lucy-Lemon!

Released 10 yrs ago (3/5/2009 UTC) at A non-bookcrosser, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

This first volume was a little hard to get into to... but I found it entertaining towards the end...

On its way to katrinat tomorrow!

Journal Entry 28 by Tsjara from Zaandam, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Saturday, September 19, 2009
Arrived here safely yesterday (together with the second volume and a cute bookmark ^-^). Thanks Katrinat for sending it on and Lottiotta for hosting the ray!

Journal Entry 29 by Tsjara from Zaandam, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Wednesday, October 14, 2009
This is the first manga I have read (I think) and I enjoyed it a lot more than I had expected. At first I wasn't sure whether I would like it, because the story felt a bit chaotic.. but as I got further into it (and was able to keep the characters apart, except for the twins :p), I started to like it more. It had me laughing out loud quite a few times :)
(Was out buying groceries yesterday and saw a guy who looked just like Mori.. weird hihi)

eowyn-unquendor has already read it, so I have PMed moonpixie for the address.

Journal Entry 30 by Tsjara at Heiloo, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Friday, October 16, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (10/16/2009 UTC) at Heiloo, Noord-Holland Netherlands

Sent to moonpixie today.

Enjoy :)

Journal Entry 31 by moonpixie on Thursday, October 29, 2009
Arrived a few days ago along with a lovely postcard and bookmark (thanks Tsjara!) plus the second volume. I'm currently reading another bookring book at the moment, but as soon as I've finished it I will start on these. :)

Journal Entry 32 by moonpixie on Tuesday, December 29, 2009
These were the first mangas I've ever read and I really enjoyed them! I can't wait to read more of this series. I think I preferred the first one to second, but only slightly. It did take me a while before I was able to tell the characters apart, but once I could I found the whole thing was incredibly funny.
Thanks so much to Lottiotta for letting me participate in this bookray!

PMing naturalone for their address.