Girl Sleuth: Nancy Drew and the Women Who Created Her

by Melanie Rehak | Biographies & Memoirs |
ISBN: 015603056x Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingAntof9wing of Lakewood, Colorado USA on 8/21/2007
Journal Entry 1 by wingAntof9wing from Lakewood, Colorado USA on Tuesday, August 21, 2007
(pre-numbered label used for registration)

Sometimes when you're at Barnes & Noble, a book jumps off the table into your hands ...

Journal Entry 2 by wingAntof9wing at Lakewood, Colorado USA on Friday, October 14, 2011
This book was fascinating. Honestly, it was one of the best history books I ever read. And it's not even a history book! I have something marked every other page for the first 75 pages, which is about the time I realized I wasn't going to quote the whole book in my review. In fact, I'm barely going to write a review. Because here's the thing: my husband just had surgery and I've promised to at least 2 friends; possibly 3, and I want to get it out of the house and to them.

So I'm just going to say that it's really, really interesting. And although I couldn't stop reading the first half, I did definitely slow down in the second half ... but it's not all the book's fault as I had multiple library books either due or ready to be picked up and I got distracted. And the fact that it's non-fiction and I not only finished it but liked it should tell those who know me how good it is. Really, it's well-researched, interesting, and about something/one I enjoyed as a girl. What more could I ask?