Deep Hollow Creek

by Sheila Watson | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 077108823x Global Overview for this book
Registered by loveamystery of Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on 3/16/2007
Journal Entry 1 by loveamystery from Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Friday, March 16, 2007
Amazon Editorial Review
When Stella, fresh from her life in the city, arrives to take up her first teaching post in the one-room schoolhouse in a little frontier settlement in the British Columbia interior, she soon finds herself immersed in the stories she is told. Although an outsider in their midst, she sees that for those who dwell in this tiny community, life follows its destined course, amid conditions of extraordinary Depression-era hardship.

I found this to be a very dark book and I really didn't understand much of it. Perhaps someone else will enjoy it better than me.

Released 12 yrs ago (3/17/2007 UTC) at controlled release in controlled release, a controlled release -- Controlled Releases

Released into genevalove's Skinny Books Bookbox. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by Pooker3 from Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada on Saturday, March 24, 2007
Isn't that funny. I'd thought that The Double Hook was the only book that Sheila Watson had written. I don't know why I thought that but here's another. I'll give it a try. Maybe I'll finish it in time to release it for gypsysmom's Canada Day release Challenge.

Journal Entry 4 by Pooker3 at Ichiban Restaurant in Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada on Thursday, June 30, 2011

Released 7 yrs ago (6/30/2011 UTC) at Ichiban Restaurant in Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada

on the stairs in the courtyard

To the finder of this book:
This book was released as part of the Canada Day release challenge. BookCrossers all over the world are releasing Canadian books into the wild to celebrate the contribution of Canadian literature to our culture. I hope you enjoy this book as much as I did. Happy Canada Day!
Welcome to the wonderful and wacky world of BookCrossing! Here you'll find a unique and worldwide community of book lovers sharing their books. This book is now yours! Read it, enjoy it. Keep it or pass it on to someone you know or even release it back into the wild as I did. If you make a journal entry (either anonymously or as a BookCrossing member) all previous readers of this book will be notified by e-mail and can follow this book on its travels. BookCrossing is free to join, completely confidential (you are known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your email address) and it's a whole lot of fun!