The Moon of Gomrath

by Alan Garner | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by wibba of Foxton, Cambridgeshire United Kingdom on 3/16/2007
Journal Entry 1 by wibba from Foxton, Cambridgeshire United Kingdom on Friday, March 16, 2007
This is sequel to Weirdstone of Brisingamen. This copy is old (published 1965 priced at 3/6d and is a bit worn round edges)

Journal Entry 2 by DEESSE from Erstein, Alsace France on Wednesday, April 11, 2007
Wibba sent this to me along with "The Weirdstone of Brisingamen" - thanks a lot! I've already flattened out the dog's ears and I think I'll manage to make this book ready to travel again - hopefully a long way!

Journal Entry 3 by DEESSE from Erstein, Alsace France on Thursday, June 07, 2007
I've nearly finished this book as I've had two weeks of holidays. I kept the last chapter for tonight.
I think it was even a bit better (scarier?) than its first part.
The two children, Colin and Susan happen to meet elves, the lios-alfar, and then Cadellin (similar to "The Lord of the Ring's" Gandalf...) and they help to fight the nasty Morrigan and all her evil creatures. Together with dwarfs and elves Susan (who had left her body for a short time) manages to free her abducted brother - but I haven't read the very end yet!
I quite liked the idea of old, moon magic vs. Cadellin's new magic - and the hint, that it was men and their industry who drove the elves away from us (because of the smoke-sickness)... something to think about!

Journal Entry 4 by WillBurns1 on Wednesday, August 29, 2007
We caught this book in a tree fern by the blue lake in the enchanted forest Groombridge Place. We loved it very scarey. It will now be released somewhere far from here where it is cold and misty.

Journal Entry 5 by DEESSE at Groombridge Place & Enchanted Forest in Groombridge, Kent United Kingdom on Thursday, August 30, 2007

Released 12 yrs ago (8/26/2007 UTC) at Groombridge Place & Enchanted Forest in Groombridge, Kent United Kingdom

On a tree in the Fern Valley, in a bookcrossing bag