Medicine Woman

by Lynn V. Andrews | Religion & Spirituality |
Registered by marinaw of Dripping Springs, Texas USA on 1/28/2003
Journal Entry 1 by marinaw from Dripping Springs, Texas USA on Tuesday, January 28, 2003
Read this ages ago. This is a duplicate copy, which can go out immediately. Enjoyed reading this one. Was a little hard to suspend my disbelief at times. I did appreciate her message of empowerment for women.

Journal Entry 2 by marinaw at Borders on 183 in Austin, Texas USA on Tuesday, March 11, 2003
Released on Tuesday, March 11, 2003 at Borders Books North/183 in Austin, Texas USA.

released at MeetUp

Journal Entry 3 by LFL_CedarPark from Austin, Texas USA on Wednesday, March 12, 2003
WONDERFUL book I hope someone else will enjoy it as much as me. It reminds of Mutant Message Down Under, a great book as well, except it isn't entirely fact.

Journal Entry 4 by LFL_CedarPark at QUACKS 43rd and Duval in Austin, Texas USA on Saturday, April 12, 2003
Release planned for Thursday, April 17, 2003 at QUACKS 43rd and Duval in Austin, Texas USA.

This is a great book. Autobiographical spiritual awakening. I can't wait to read more L. Andrews books. Marinaw do you have any more???

Journal Entry 5 by marinaw from Dripping Springs, Texas USA on Sunday, May 04, 2003
Did not get picked up at Quack's, so I took it back home for trading purposes. This one's avilable now.

Journal Entry 6 by marinaw at BookPeople, 5th and Lamar in Austin, Texas USA on Tuesday, August 12, 2003
Released on Tuesday, August 12, 2003 at BookPeople, 5th and Lamar, behind Whole Foods in Austin, Texas USA.

Hoping to release this (again) at the MeetUp tonight.

Journal Entry 7 by bunbun from Austin, Texas USA on Wednesday, August 13, 2003
I picked up this book at the AustinBookCrossers Meetup at Book People last night. I look forward to reading it!

Journal Entry 8 by bunbun from Austin, Texas USA on Monday, August 18, 2003
Wow! What a great book! I had trouble putting it down... very engaging story. I liked getting a glimpse of what it was/is like to be a medicine woman's apprentice. It gave me a lot to think about by presenting this philosophy and religion from a very personal vantage point instead of an academic angle.

Now I'm passing this book along...

Journal Entry 9 by Grrlfrog at -- Controlled Release in Austin, Texas USA on Wednesday, October 15, 2003
Released on Wednesday, October 15, 2003 at Austin Bookcrossers box o' books to Russia in Austin, Texas USA.

Caught this book at the Bookcrossing meeting last month. It's headed to Russia to our friend KatjaFaith....

Journal Entry 10 by KatjaFaith on Thursday, December 18, 2003
Many, many thanks to fellow BookCrossers from Austin for the book!! I'm really grateful for your M-bag!
TBR

Journal Entry 11 by KatjaFaith on Friday, June 24, 2005
It's really hard to believe the story is true at times. But it kept me fascinated & thrilled anyway. Like a real thriller..

The book's going to continue its travel soon :) !

Released 13 yrs ago (6/26/2005 UTC) at Belgorod Post Office No. 1 in Belgorod, Belgorod Oblast Russia

sending it to biba89. Happy reading!

Journal Entry 13 by biba89 from Olst, Overijssel Netherlands on Wednesday, August 03, 2005
The Medicine woman has arrived safely in Holland. I will start reading it tomorrow. Thank you for the lovely drawing and letter that accompanied it!

Journal Entry 14 by biba89 from Olst, Overijssel Netherlands on Tuesday, August 09, 2005
I still don't know what to make of this book, and of this Lynn Andrews person. I will have to search the internet to find out more. At first, I refused to believe she could be authentic, let alone her experiences. I just could not imagine all of this happening to a white person, without this person ever questioning her own senses. And then, as these things go, I happened to meet an old acquaintance on the train, who happens to be experienced in carrying out traditional Indian sweat lodge ceremonies. Carried out by white people, for white people, in Holland. I discussed this book with him and I vented my doubts. His comment was that yes, we -white people- tend to analyze all our experiences to the bone, remaining aloof, inside our heads. But there is no reason we could not just as well reconnect to the forces of nature, to the elements, to life. A wise lesson, which I will take to heart, and which has changed my perception of this story at least somewhat.