Size 12 Is Not Fat: A Heather Wells Mystery

by Meg Cabot | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by noumena12 of Dayton, Ohio USA on 3/13/2007
Journal Entry 1 by noumena12 from Dayton, Ohio USA on Tuesday, March 13, 2007
I left the first copy of this on an airplane (http://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/3801869) so I had to purchase another copy.

Size 12 Is Not Fat (A Heather Wells Mystery)
FROM THE PUBLISHER
Or, at least, she did. That was before she left the pop-idol life behind after she gained a dress size or two -- and lost a boyfriend, a recording contract, and her life savings (when Mom took the money and ran off to Argentina). Now that the glamour and glory days of endless mall appearances are in the past, Heather's perfectly happy with her new size 12 shape (the average for the American woman!) and her new job as an assistant dorm director at one of New York's top colleges. That is, until the dead body of a female student from Heather's residence hall is discovered at the bottom of an elevator shaft.The cops and the college president are ready to chalk the death off as an accident, the result of reckless youthful mischief. But Heather knows teenage girls . . . and girls do not elevator surf. Yet no one wants to listen -- not the police, her colleagues, or the P.I. who owns the brownstone where she lives -- even when more students start turning up dead in equally ordinary and subtly sinister ways. So Heather makes the decision to take on yet another new career: as spunky girl detective!But her new job comes with few benefits, no cheering crowds, and lots of liabilities, some of them potentially fatal. And nothing ticks off a killer more than a portly ex-pop star who's sticking her nose where it doesn't belong . . .

Journal Entry 2 by chronicbooker3 from Hamilton, Ontario Canada on Friday, May 11, 2007
I received this from noumena as part of my Mayday package.

Journal Entry 3 by chronicbooker3 from Hamilton, Ontario Canada on Saturday, May 26, 2007
It took be abit to get into this book but in the end it was a light enjoyable read. Heather Wells is a likable character that has definately been to the school of hard knocks, but she's a fighter and not willing to give up or be what others might want her to be. A light mystery with a few twists and turns along the way and some very likable characters has me thinking that I will read the second book in this series and see how it develops.

Journal Entry 4 by chronicbooker3 from Hamilton, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, June 20, 2007
The first in a new series by Meg Cabot.

Heather Wells has gone from a slim fashionable pop-idol to a size 12 assistant dorm director. This doesnt seem to bother her as much as it boggles the brains of most other people. She is quite happy with her new life even if she is no longer recognized, found her ex in a more then compromising positon with another pop star and now finds herself lusting after his older brother who also happens to be her landlord.
When a dorm resident is found at the bottom of the elevator shaft only Heather is convinced that it was not an accident or suicide but definately MURDER and she must convince everyone else.

Journal Entry 5 by camis from Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Monday, July 09, 2007
Received safely today - thank you.

Journal Entry 6 by camis from Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Monday, August 27, 2007
A fun, enjoyable read. Heather is a character with a heart who I found myself really rooting for. Am looking forward to reading the next in the series (when Mount TBR allows!)

Journal Entry 7 by camis from Norwich, Norfolk United Kingdom on Thursday, October 11, 2007
Sending to Chambejd from the Chick Lit Reverse Wishlist Relay

Journal Entry 8 by chambejd from Millbury, Massachusetts USA on Sunday, October 28, 2007
Thanks so much for sending this Camis! I am looking forward to it!