The Devil You Know: A Felix Castor Novel (Felix Castor Novel 1)

by Mike Carey | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by Ally1665 of Silsden, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on 8/12/2008
Journal Entry 1 by Ally1665 from Silsden, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, August 12, 2008
Just couldn't get into this at all.

Journal Entry 2 by wingowl-musicwing from Castleford, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Thursday, August 14, 2008
Picked up at the Leeds meet on 12 August. Looks interesting.

Journal Entry 3 by wingshnedwardswing from Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Picked up at the Leeds meetup because it looked nicely trashy.

Back cover blurb:

Felix Castor is a freelance exorcist, and London is his stamping ground. At a time when the supernatural world is in upheaval and spilling over into the mundane reality of the living, his skills are in desperate demand. A good exorcist can charge what he likes - and enjoy a hell of a life-style - but there's a risk: sonner or later he's likely to take on a spirit that's too strong for him. Then it's game over.

Journal Entry 4 by wingshnedwardswing from Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Wednesday, November 11, 2009
I was pleasantly surprised by this. I found it a nicely noir variation on the usual ghosts and demons hokum.
Some bad mistakes in it, though. The editor needs a kick up the bum.

This will be sent to Xeyra in Portugal after I've got an address.

Edited to add: posted 19th November 2009.

Journal Entry 5 by Xeyra from Seixal, Setúbal Portugal on Wednesday, December 30, 2009
Arrived a while ago but I totally forgot to journal it. Sorry! Thank you. :)