Jacob Have I Loved

by Katherine Paterson | Teens | This book has not been rated.
Registered by Vasha of Ithaca, New York USA on 3/5/2007
Journal Entry 1 by Vasha from Ithaca, New York USA on Monday, March 05, 2007
. . . Esau have I hated . . .

Sara Louise Bradshaw is sick and tired of her beautiful twin Caroline. Ever since they were born, Caroline has been the pretty one, the talented one, the better sister. Even now, Caroline seems to take everything: Louise's friends, their parents' love, her dreams for the future.

For once in her life, Louise wants to be the special one. But in order to do that, she must first figure out who she is . . . and find a way to make a place for herself outside her sister's shadow.

Released 9 yrs ago (5/3/2010 UTC) at -, --by post or by hand (ie ring, ray, RABCK, trade) -- Controlled Releases

For a RABCK sweepstakes.

Never Judge a Book by Its Cover Challenge, 2010 Week 18 (Free-for-all)

Journal Entry 3 by dutch-book from Heerenveen, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Saturday, May 08, 2010
Thank you very much! I must say I'm very curious about this book, as it looks like a very old one, the cover isn't very pretty. But it did won a prize, so it must be good. And you have released it as part of the Never judge a book by it's cover-release. So, I think it must be good. I have to say that I think the cover is very well drawn. The bookmark is very appropriate for the book. It´s almost like they´re made for each other. I do love the title, by the way.
Thank you very much for it!

Journal Entry 4 by dutch-book at Heerenveen, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Wednesday, April 25, 2018
8 years later and I finished the book quite quickly. Why I never started this before, is a mystery to me. Unfortunately I read some negative reviews, which caused me to dislike Sara Louise a bit. But, all in all, I liked it, annoying Sara Louise and all (and what would I expect, she's a teenager, they tend to be a bit annoying, is my experience).

Journal Entry 5 by dutch-book at BC meeting 2018 in Castricum, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Saturday, July 07, 2018

Released 11 mos ago (7/8/2018 UTC) at BC meeting 2018 in Castricum, Noord-Holland Netherlands

To the meeting.

Journal Entry 6 by winghoerawing at Turnhout, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Sunday, July 08, 2018
Lag op het einde van de meeting nog op de tafel. Mee genomen om binnenkort ergens vrij te laten.

(Was still on the table at the end of the meeting.)

Veel leesplezier !