Protector

by Larry Niven | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by lane1088 of Charlotte, North Carolina USA on 3/4/2007
Journal Entry 1 by lane1088 from Charlotte, North Carolina USA on Sunday, March 04, 2007
Pre-numbered label used for registration.

I enjoyed reading this fascanating encouter with aliens. Niven writes such wonderful prose. Am considering offering this up for a bookray so if you are interested, drop me a pm.

Book Description
Phssthpok the Pak had been traveling for most of his thirty-two thousand years. His mission: save, develop, and protect the group of Pak breeders sent out into space some two and a half million years before...

Brennan was a Belter, the product of a fiercely independent, somewhat anarchic society living in, on, and around an outer asteroid belt. The Belters were rebels, one and all, and Brennan was a smuggler. The Belt worlds had been tracking the Pak ship for days -- Brennan figured to meet that ship first...

He was never seen again -- at least not by those alive at the time.

Journal Entry 2 by lane1088 from Charlotte, North Carolina USA on Friday, March 09, 2007
Protector by Larry Niven will be starting its journey as a bookray. I will start the ray moving after 5 people join or two weeks have passed--whichever comes first.

Some basic rules:
1. Please journal the book when you get it.
2. Try to read the book within 3-4 weeks so others can have a chance to read. (if this presents a problem because of work schedule, etc, let me know and I can change the order of the book so that it comes to you at another time)
3. After journaling the book, send a PM to the next person for their address so that you have it when you're done reading.
4. Any problems/questions, PM me.

Thank you all for participating. I hope you enjoy reading this book.

Order of Bookray as of 3/11/07:

1. tagesmann (Kiveton Park, South Yorkshire United Kingdom, ship internationally)
2. nao-asakura (Marseille, France, ship EU only--Asked to be skipped)
3. Annelis (Kerava, Uusimaa, Finland, ship international)
4. charlenemartel (Quebec,Canada, ship us/Canada--Asked to be skipped)
5. Minerva101 (Didsbury, Alberta, Canada, ship US/Canada preferred)
6. BigrTex (Texas, ship US)

Back home and in my permanent collection!

Journal Entry 3 by lane1088 at postal mail in postal mail, A Bookray -- Controlled Releases on Monday, March 12, 2007

Released 12 yrs ago (3/12/2007 UTC) at postal mail in postal mail, A Bookray -- Controlled Releases

Just sent it off to the UK for the first leg of its trip around the world. Hope tagsmann enjoys it.

Journal Entry 4 by tagesmann on Sunday, March 25, 2007
Arrived Thursday. Sorry I haven't had a chance to get on line until now...

Journal Entry 5 by tagesmann on Friday, May 11, 2007
I enjoyed this. After a slow start it started to move forward at a pace. A very good classic SF novel. On the way to Annelis (sent Tuesday).

Journal Entry 6 by wingAnneliswing from Kerava, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, May 22, 2007
The book arrived today. My brother Leo happened to see it and wants to read it too. I'll give him a week ar two, no more before I start to read it. At the moment I have two other bookring books started but not finished.
Thank you for the bookring, Lane1088! Larry Niven is one of the best.

Journal Entry 7 by wingAnneliswing from Kerava, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Wednesday, July 04, 2007
Leo did not bring the book back as soon as he promised but now the book is ready to continue its travels as soon as I get the address of Charlenemartel. Larry Niven can write very good books. My brother liked this one and so did I.
Thanks for making the book available, Lane1088!

Journal Entry 8 by wingAnneliswing from Kerava, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, July 17, 2007
Charlenemartel did not answer my PMs and then I noticed that she is asking to be skipped in bookrings.
Now I got the address of Minerva 101 and the book will be posted today.

Journal Entry 9 by Minerva101 from Calgary, Alberta Canada on Wednesday, August 15, 2007
This arrived at the Post Office today - thank you!
I will journal again once I have finished reading it.

Journal Entry 10 by Minerva101 from Calgary, Alberta Canada on Friday, August 31, 2007
It is sad how under-rated these little old classic sci-fi books are :(
This was a wonderful read, neat ideas, 'classic' Larry Niven! He is one of my favorite sci-fi authors.
Thanks for offering this book as a ray, lane1088!
I have Pm'd the next in line for mailing info twice and am waiting for a response.

Journal Entry 11 by Minerva101 from Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, September 15, 2007
Oops- I forgot to journal that I mailed this to Bigrtex last week. It is on it's way :)

Journal Entry 12 by BigrTex from Cedar Park, Texas USA on Thursday, September 20, 2007
Received this (along with a surprise RABCK) last Saturday. I'll start on this as soon as I finish the bookring book that I'm reading now.

Thanks!

Journal Entry 13 by BigrTex from Cedar Park, Texas USA on Saturday, November 24, 2007
This was a nice, light read. It's rare that I can get into a book enough to push through and finish it in a week these days. The shift from the first half of the book to the second was awkward, but I think that was intentional. I enjoyed both halves.

I'll PM lane now and get this back to him soon.

Journal Entry 14 by BigrTex at Postal Release in Charlotte, North Carolina -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Released 11 yrs ago (1/2/2008 UTC) at Postal Release in Charlotte, North Carolina -- Controlled Releases

Finally went in the mail today - heading home.

Thanks for sharing!

Journal Entry 15 by lane1088 from Charlotte, North Carolina USA on Sunday, January 06, 2008
The book has made it back to my house. Thank you everyone who participated in this bookring. I hope you enjoyed reading Niven. He is one of the best scifi authors out there. I hope you get a chance to read more by him. Thanks again all.

Journal Entry 16 by lane1088 at ballantyne commons east in Charlotte, North Carolina USA on Thursday, October 02, 2008

Released 10 yrs ago (10/2/2008 UTC) at ballantyne commons east in Charlotte, North Carolina USA

I placed this on a bench in front of the huge fountain. I hope someone enjoys reading it.