Interpreter of Maladies (timcorke's Bookray)

by Jhumpa Lahiri | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 039592720x Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingSqueakyChuwing of Rockville, Maryland USA on 3/2/2007
Journal Entry 101 by jo_an_a at Vantaa, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Released 7 yrs ago (1/16/2013 UTC) at Vantaa, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

This book is now on its way to Germany!

Journal Entry 102 by Dani75 at Rudersberg, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Tuesday, January 29, 2013
I received the book today and I´m looking forward to reading it!

I loved the stories in this book. My favourites were "When Mr Pirzada came to dine" and "The third and final continent".
Thank you for this bookray!

Released 6 yrs ago (3/22/2013 UTC) at -- Per Post geschickt/ Persönlich weitergegeben --, Baden-Württemberg Germany

On it´s way to KiwiinEngland by mail :)

Journal Entry 104 by wingkiwiinenglandwing at Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand on Saturday, April 13, 2013
Thanks for sending this bookray to me, much appreciated.

Journal Entry 105 by wingkiwiinenglandwing at Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand on Wednesday, May 01, 2013
This was just the right book at the right time for me, and I enjoyed it immensely. While reading the first story I loved the authors way of writing, and thought I would remember that first story for a long time. But now, three days after starting the book the first story is annoyingly forgettable and instead I recall the house warming party (This blessed House) and also the story the book took its title from.

I have PMed the next reader and am awaiting a reply.

Journal Entry 106 by wingkiwiinenglandwing at Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand on Wednesday, May 01, 2013

Released 6 yrs ago (5/1/2013 UTC) at Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand

posting to the next in the bookray.

Journal Entry 107 by ukcanaus at Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia on Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Received yesterday. Looking forward to reading this in the next week!

Journal Entry 108 by ukcanaus at Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia on Sunday, June 02, 2013

I enjoyed reading this well-travelled book. I would pick When Mr Pirzada came to dine and The Third and Final Continent as my favourites, while A Real Durwan really saddened me. Like FeistyPom2Love, Sexy made me feel uncomfortable because of the kid’s demands.

Thanks to SqueakyChu for initially sharing this book, and to timcorke for ensuring the bookray has continued. I have immawin2’s address from RABCK.com so I will send this by the end of the week. Thanks again!

Journal Entry 109 by ukcanaus at Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia on Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Released 6 yrs ago (6/11/2013 UTC) at Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia

I attended the second talk about this book last Tuesday at part of the 'Texts in the City' series at the Wheeler Centre here in Melbourne (see http://bit.ly/12C5hT6).

The video of the first discussion in March is available here: http://bit.ly/11c75Ma; I'll post the link for the second discussion when it has been published.

This books is now on its way to imawinn2. Hope you enjoy it too!

Journal Entry 110 by imawinn2 at Neenah, Wisconsin USA on Tuesday, June 18, 2013
This book arrived in today's mail. Thanks for sending it forward ukcanaus, and thanks for the postcard. I have just started a book but will put this one next on the docket.

Journal Entry 111 by imawinn2 at Neenah, Wisconsin USA on Sunday, July 28, 2013
I finished reading this book over a week ago but then went on vacation... so now I'm back. I really enjoyed this book. This was my first taste of Jhumpa Lahiri's writing. I found her short stories very engaging. I liked all the stories but some touched me more than others. I really liked "When Mr. Pirzada Came to Dine", "Mrs. Sen's", and "The Third and Final Continent".

Thanks for sharing this wonderful book. I will be sure to keep this book traveling. Perhaps I can gather some interested readers and continue this book's journey as a bookray. :-)

Journal Entry 112 by imawinn2 at Neenah, Wisconsin USA on Saturday, March 01, 2014

Released 5 yrs ago (3/1/2014 UTC) at Neenah, Wisconsin USA

Sending this off to HI77 who picked it from the Anything Goes VBB list. Happy Travels! Happy Reading!

Journal Entry 113 by HI77 at Fort Myers, Florida USA on Monday, March 10, 2014
Love is an oyster smooth

along the tongue,