While She Was Sleeping

by Suzanne Forster | Mystery & Thrillers |
ISBN: 0425191206 Global Overview for this book
Registered by nikel27 of -- Irgendwo / Somewhere --, Hessen Germany on 3/1/2007
Journal Entry 1 by nikel27 from -- Irgendwo / Somewhere --, Hessen Germany on Thursday, March 01, 2007
He knows when you're alone...
He abducts women from their beds at midnight, gagging and terrorizing them and then dumping them, drugged but alive, days later. None of the victims have been able to identify him, and the Seattle police have no leads—until now...

And after the lights are out...
There's been a new abduction, but with a terrifying twist—the latest victim, a cop working on the case, has been found dead. But the police may now have the break they need—a witness...

He comes for you...
The sole witness is a homeless woman with a shaky memory. Forensic sketch artist Jennifer Nash has been called in by the Seattle PD. However, her unconventional techniques have made her unpopular with cops—one cop in particular. Russ Sadler was the victim's ex-partner. He's now the chief investigator—and the last person Jennifer wants to work with. Their affair left them both burned, but they can't let their emotions interfere. The killer is a lot closer than anyone realizes, and now he has his eye on Jennifer...

And in the dark of' night, anything can happen—even the unthinkable...

Journal Entry 2 by nikel27 from -- Irgendwo / Somewhere --, Hessen Germany on Monday, May 21, 2007
What is a bookring and how do I get in on it?(thanks go to PHC for her detailed instructions which helped me greatly in understanding the process)

A bookring begins when a bookcrosser decides to send a book on a controlled journey. A list of interested readers is set up and the book passes from one reader who reads it and then sends it along to the person next in line. Eventually the book ends up back in the hands of the original owner which, for this book, will be me, nikel27. A reader can join the bookring at any time unless I decide to close it (if that happens I'll make a note that the ring has closed).
You Have to Be a Member at EUROPEANROMANCEREADER@YAHOOGROUPS.COM

What should I do when I receive the book?
Log on to bookcrossing and type in up journal entry so I know it reached you okay. Then private message (PM) the next person in line to get their mailing address so there will be no waiting once you finish the book, if they do not respond within 10 days PM the next reader in line (and me so I know they are no longer interested). Please read the book within 30 days and when complete add another journal entry with your comments. Tell me the truth :) Was it the best thing you ever read or a complete and utter waste of time? I love to talk to books, the good, the bad and ugly (ugly can sometimes be lots of fun to dissect), you can write one sentence or a hundred. When finished
What if I'm the last in line PM me and I'll send you my mailing address.

Thanks for participating!

Please PM me if would like to be added to the list or have any questions about the book or the bookring!

Member list:
#01 silvia-pco/Portugal
#02 penelopewanders/Switzerland
#03 Dubly/Switzerland
#04 Plum-crazy/UK
#05 Bookworm-lady/Spain
#06 Annadlx/Germany
#07 back home to nike27/Germany

Journal Entry 3 by nikel27 at Post Office in Book Ring, Ginsheim -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Released 12 yrs ago (7/2/2007 UTC) at Post Office in Book Ring, Ginsheim -- Controlled Releases

EnJoy this BookRing, please try to remember to read this book within 4 weeks or let me know if you need more time.

Journal Entry 4 by silvia-pco from Murtosa, Aveiro Portugal on Monday, July 16, 2007
Arrived! Thanks for sharing, nikel27. I'll try to be brief.

Journal Entry 5 by silvia-pco from Murtosa, Aveiro Portugal on Friday, September 14, 2007
This book's amazing! It's an addictive reading, full of mystery and with a touch of romance :)

I really loved it. Thanks a lot for sharing, and forgive me for the delay. I'll PM penelopewanders ASAP.

26thOctober - On its way to penelopewanders!

Journal Entry 6 by wingpenelopewanderswing from Hasliberg, Bern / Berne Switzerland on Sunday, November 04, 2007
This was waiting for me when I returned from my trip to Paris... big work backlog, but maybe I can read it next weekend. Looks thrilling! Thanks for sending.

Journal Entry 7 by wingpenelopewanderswing from Hasliberg, Bern / Berne Switzerland on Thursday, November 08, 2007
Exciting read... thanks. Not clear why the whole department hates the heroine so... but anyway. I'll be sending it on to Luzern soon. Thanks for making it available, and for sending.

Down the mountains to Luzern. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 9 by dubly from Luzern, Luzern Switzerland on Wednesday, November 14, 2007
Luckily,it found its way through heavy snowfall down to Lucerne, thanks for sending it ,penelopewanders and thanks for starting the ring, nikel27.

22. November
I really enjoyed this mixture of mystery and romance, thanks nikel27. I`m going to post this book tomorrow to Plum-crazy in the UK.

Journal Entry 10 by dubly at on Thursday, November 22, 2007

Released 11 yrs ago (11/23/2007 UTC) at

this book is on its way to Plum-crazy in the UK as part of a ring, enjoy!

Journal Entry 11 by wingPlum-crazywing from Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Friday, November 30, 2007
This arrived today but I have a couple of rings (as usual!!) in front of it but it looks so good I may just have to bump it up the list (don't tell anyone...)

And a big THANK YOU to dubly for the extra book from my wishlist that arrived with it....it's much appreciated.

Journal Entry 12 by wingPlum-crazywing from Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Thursday, December 06, 2007
Things have been a bit hectic & what with one thing & another I haven't started this yet. If it doesn't cause any problems I'd like to hang onto it another 3 weeks & leave it until after Christmas to post it on. I'll get Bookworm-lady's address so there's no delay & I promise it will be on it's way before the end of December...hope that will be OK with everyone.

HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

Journal Entry 13 by wingPlum-crazywing from Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Saturday, December 22, 2007
This is a good book with the balance between romance & suspense just right. There's lots of twists & turns in the plot which means there's plenty of red herrings so you're never really sure whodunnit....well, it kept me guessing till the end!

It will be sent onto Bookworm-lady after Christmas.

Journal Entry 14 by wingPlum-crazywing from Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Monday, December 31, 2007
This is packed up & ready to travel to Spain in the next few days...sorry for the delay!

Journal Entry 15 by wingBookworm-ladywing from Madrid, Madrid Spain on Monday, January 21, 2008
I picked it up from the post office this evening.
Thanks for sending it through, Plum-crazy, and sorry that you were concerned!
I love the flower card as well...
Looking forward to reading it...
Eva

Journal Entry 16 by wingBookworm-ladywing from Madrid, Madrid Spain on Sunday, April 20, 2008
Finally finished reading it...
Well... Even though I soldiered on up to the last page, it is not a great novel.
Everything seems to lead to a protracted and very detailed love-making scene in the middle; sometimes I wasn't sure what I was reading, as the main plot seemed to have been left aside.
The main female character is nor very credible... and neither are the subplots or "red herrings", some of them left unexplained or with very poor explanations.
It is packed and ready to travel to Germany...

Journal Entry 17 by wingBookworm-ladywing from Madrid, Madrid Spain on Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Sent last evening to Annadxl, in Germany...

Journal Entry 18 by Annadlx from Wiesbaden, Hessen Germany on Saturday, May 03, 2008
This book arrived at my doorstep today. Thank you for mailing it my way. I'm looking forward to reading it. I'll save it for my upcoming vacation. Perfect timing, I think.

Journal Entry 19 by Annadlx from Wiesbaden, Hessen Germany on Friday, May 23, 2008
It was a quick read, but not in whole to my liking. I can't say what it was that didn't make for a good read as there are hot love scenes and suspense. I think it was that whole homeless woman thing that didn't ring true and in the end didn't surprise me with the outcome.
I've definitely had better reads, but also worse.

Thank you for letting me be part of this ring. I'll send it home asap.

Journal Entry 20 by Annadlx at Büchersendung in mail, BookXerpting -- Controlled Releases on Monday, May 26, 2008

Released 11 yrs ago (5/26/2008 UTC) at Büchersendung in mail, BookXerpting -- Controlled Releases

on its way back home! Thanks again, Nikel27!

Journal Entry 21 by nikel27 from -- Irgendwo / Somewhere --, Hessen Germany on Thursday, May 29, 2008
arrived safe at my house, thanks again for joining my BookRing.
Will deceide later what I do with this book.

Journal Entry 22 by nikel27 at RABCK, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Monday, February 23, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (2/27/2009 UTC) at RABCK, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases

Have a great "Nouruz", and enjoy the books I sent to you.

Journal Entry 23 by wingkatayounwing from Tehran, Tehran Iran on Wednesday, March 18, 2009
thanks