The Blind Assassin

by Margaret Atwood | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 038572084x Global Overview for this book
Registered by notnot of Trondheim, Sør-Trøndelag fylke Norway on 2/27/2007
Journal Entry 1 by notnot from Trondheim, Sør-Trøndelag fylke Norway on Tuesday, February 27, 2007
The Booker Prize-winning sensation from the incomparable Margaret Atwood, The Blind Assassin combines gothic drama, romantic suspense, and a science fiction yarn in an entrancing novel of uncommon intricacy and grace.
As Iris Chase Griffen, the sole surviving descendant of a once-distinguished Toronto family, recalls the events of her life and the pivotal death of her sister Laura in 1945, we simultaneously read Laura's posthumously published novel, The Blind Assassin. In that novel within a novel - the tale of two lovers on the lam - there is another narrative: a science fiction fantasy, in which a blind assassin and a mute sacrificial virgin share a journey of their own. Brilliantly weaving together such seemingly disparate elements, Atwood creates a world of astonishing vision and unforgettable impact.

#63 of "1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die".

Journal Entry 2 by notnot from Trondheim, Sør-Trøndelag fylke Norway on Sunday, March 30, 2008
Brilliantly written, this is a grand story. Margaret Atwood has a way of writing which is very enjoyable, and she manages to convey the pictures to the reader without any fuss.
The two stories are intertwined to perfection, and the end comes as a complete surprise.

To be recommended!

Journal Entry 3 by notnot at RABCK in RABCK, Postal Release -- Controlled Releases on Friday, July 11, 2008

Released 10 yrs ago (7/11/2008 UTC) at RABCK in RABCK, Postal Release -- Controlled Releases

Cheering-up RABCK!

Journal Entry 4 by winglunaciawing from Grünerløkka bydel, Oslo fylke Norway on Saturday, July 12, 2008
This book arrived in my mailbox today. What a nice surprise! This is a book I would very much like to read, so thank you ever so much, notnot!

Journal Entry 5 by winglunaciawing at Grünerløkka bydel, Oslo fylke Norway on Wednesday, December 26, 2018
In my attempt to read unread books on my shelf, I recently picked up this. Not a bad book. Not at all. However, after reading The Handmaid's Tale eaelier, I had very high expectations, and I was a bit disappointed. Loved the ending, though. 😉

Journal Entry 6 by winglunaciawing at Oslo Visitor Centre, Østbanehallen in Oslo Sentrum, Oslo fylke Norway on Thursday, January 10, 2019

Released 3 mos ago (1/10/2019 UTC) at Oslo Visitor Centre, Østbanehallen in Oslo Sentrum, Oslo fylke Norway

Will bring this to the bookcrossing meetup today. If no-one picks it up, it'll go on the shelf at Oslo Visitor Centre.

Journal Entry 7 by caterfly at Oslo Sentrum, Oslo fylke Norway on Tuesday, January 29, 2019
caught it during the bookclub meetup :D