The Understudy

by David Nicholls | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by Decembermum of Basingstoke, Hampshire United Kingdom on 2/27/2007
Journal Entry 1 by Decembermum from Basingstoke, Hampshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, February 27, 2007
For Josh Harper, being in show-business means money, fame a beautiful wife, and a lead role on the London Stage. For Stephen C. McQueen, it means a disastrous career playing passers-by and dead people.

Stephen's stuck with an unfortunate name, a hopeless agent, a daughter he barely knows, and a job as understudy to Josh Harper, the 12th Sexiest Man in the World. And when Stephen falls in love with Josh's clever, funny wife Nora, things get evern more difficult.

But might there yet be a way for Stephen to get his big break?

Journal Entry 2 by Decembermum from Basingstoke, Hampshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, February 27, 2007
This was a very enjoyable read. The characters were well drawn and the central character is sympathetic (or should that just be pathetic!).

This is my book for the 'The' swap on BCUK Extra.

Journal Entry 3 by molekilby from Brithdir, Wales United Kingdom on Monday, March 12, 2007
Received today, many thanks Decembermum. I look forward to reading this having enjoyed "Starter For Ten".

Journal Entry 4 by molekilby from Brithdir, Wales United Kingdom on Sunday, September 02, 2007
This was a fun read, although I didn't enjoy it as much as 'Starter For Ten'. Good characters and some excellent drunken dialogue! It does sound like conversations I've heard late on a Friday night!

This is already earmarked for a new home.

Journal Entry 5 by Twicky from Twickenham, Middlesex United Kingdom on Saturday, January 12, 2008
Sorry I realised from the thread that I neglected to journal this at the time so am confirming it's here with me safe and sound. Thanks.