The Accidental Virgin

by Valerie Frankel | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by HoserLauren of Burlington, Ontario Canada on 2/25/2007
Journal Entry 1 by HoserLauren from Burlington, Ontario Canada on Sunday, February 25, 2007
I picked this up for cheap in Virginia on vacation.

From Chapters:
From: Venus, Goddess of Love, 120 Main, Mt. Olympus

To: Stacy Temple, lapsed temptress

Stacy, Stacy, Stacy.

You were so promising at the beginning: Sexy, smart, personable and funny. Great on dates and really great afterward-if you know what I mean. But this is a sad state of affairs; or, in your case, non-affairs! It''s been nearly an entire year and you haven''t had your way with even ONE eligible male. You''ve been working so hard concocting sexy lingerie for Thongs.com -- and really, Stacy, if that little pink velvet bustier didn''t put you in the mood, I don''t know what to say! -- that you haven''t even tried to be coaxed out of your own thong.com!

Are you listening, Stacy? Seven days to find the perfect man -- or else!

Happy hunting!

Journal Entry 2 by HoserLauren at Burlington, Ontario Canada on Monday, July 22, 2019
Was looking for a light summer read and thought this could fit the bill. It was definitely cliche, as the main character Stacy has been experiencing a sex drought. With a week left until it's been a year, she decides she needs to have sex before that anniversary hits. Everything that can go wrong does go wrong while she tries to rectify this and her work life isn't in much better shape.

Since this was just meant as a fun summer read I wasn't looking for strong plot, but the ending was so incredibly ridiculous, that ruined it all for me.