The Day of the Triffids

by JOHN WYNDHAM | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by garibaldisghost of Nottingham, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on 2/25/2007
Journal Entry 1 by garibaldisghost from Nottingham, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Sunday, February 25, 2007
I'm registering an older edition than the one pictured for the 2007 NJABBIC release challenge - week 8 - pre-1980's books with old art covers.

I've read this book at least twice and it's well-worth its 9outof10 score in my opinion.

The Day of the Triffids is a post-apocalyptic novel, which has now become a modern classic. It explores the consequences of the majority of our population becoming blind in a world over run by poisonous, ambulatory plants.

Journal Entry 2 by garibaldisghost at on Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Released 12 yrs ago (2/27/2007 UTC) at

This was left at one of the tables in the sampling area of the exotic tea, coffee, hot chocolate and other nice things shop.

This book appears on the 1001 books to read before you die list .

Journal Entry 3 by doodleali from Arnold, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Thursday, March 29, 2007
I read this when I was about 14 and loved it. Saw it The General Store and fancied rereading it.

Journal Entry 4 by doodleali from Arnold, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Monday, April 30, 2007
Thanks to Garibaldisghost for leaving this in general store as I may not have re-read it. On a second reading of this still thoroughly enjoyed it,so much more to it than the triffids.

Released 12 yrs ago (5/6/2007 UTC) at Rufford Country Park in Ollerton, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom

Going to the 'Way Out Fest' today at Rufford to celebrate my brother's birthday, plan to release this whilst there.

Journal Entry 6 by bertiebob from Retford, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Monday, May 07, 2007
Found this at Rufford - visiting the Way Out Fest. Read it years ago but I shall have to wait - my daughter started to read it in the car on the way home and hasn't put it down yet!

Journal Entry 7 by bertiebob at Coldham's Common in Cherry Hinton, Cambridgeshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Released 11 yrs ago (7/27/2007 UTC) at Coldham's Common in Cherry Hinton, Cambridgeshire United Kingdom

Cambridge Folk Festival, at Coldhams Common site in the big food tent, on a table near the stage.