Free & Easy: How to Create Your Own Adventure by Living on the Road

by David Ryan | Travel | This book has not been rated.
Registered by trevor4551 of Caloundra, Queensland Australia on 2/24/2007
Journal Entry 1 by trevor4551 from Caloundra, Queensland Australia on Saturday, February 24, 2007
From amazon.com...

Missed a step on the corporate treadmill? Had enough of endless, meaningless meetings? Are you just plain tired of your cubical? Are you ready (voluntarily or involuntarily) to step out onto your own adventure highway of personal independence? If so, Free & Easy was written for you.

Free & Easy is a guidebook for getting off the corporate treadmill and moving into the world of personal independence. The expression living on the road is used as a metaphor for living life as you choose. Free & Easy is built on the premise that there is another way of living one’s life and is written for anyone from their late thirties to their sixties who has a dream. The book is based upon what the author and his wife discovered before and after they left their corporate jobs prior to the age of fifty.

Free & Easy examines the possibility of personal independence – is it right for you, should you pursue it, and can you achieve it? The book then helps you determine what to do with your independence, how to prepare your finances to support it, and how to establish an infrastructure to sustain it.

Free & Easy does not show you how to magically make money appear; it helps you recognize and organize available resources to make choices for developing an array of skills and activities for a sustainable self-sufficient existence that will serve you well beyond the age of traditional retirement.

“David Ryan doesn’t give you, nor sell you the dream. That part is up to you. He eases you down the road, helps you figure out for yourself just how far you want to go – this time. Maybe next time go a little further.”
Stephen Joseph,MD

“If you already have a to-do list for your life David Ryan will motivate you to start living it. If creating a to-do list of all your life goals is one of those things you keep putting off, this book may be exactly the jump start you need. Filled with insight and to the point”
Howard and Marika Stone, authors of Too Young to Retire

“My wife and I read this book in earnest,…We answered the questions the book posed honestly…, and we made the transition to a healthier, simpler lifestyle. We are finally doing what we have always wanted to do.”
Steve Hanner

Journal Entry 2 by trevor4551 from Caloundra, Queensland Australia on Thursday, August 30, 2007
Free and Easy is a narrative about Ryan's experience declaring his independence, quitting his day job, and spending two years on the road. The book is not about RV travel, or other logistics of road warriors-- however, it is intended to inspire readers to either literally or figuratively decide to go 'on the road,' explore their passions, and experience life more fully. The book definitely inspired some wanderlust in me (as if I needed any real help with that!). An enjoyable, quick read.

Journal Entry 3 by trevor4551 from Caloundra, Queensland Australia on Tuesday, September 04, 2007
Sending to Larry in AR.