A story in progress

Registered by jayd of Limerick, Co. Limerick Ireland on 2/23/2007
Journal Entry 1 by jayd from Limerick, Co. Limerick Ireland on Friday, February 23, 2007
I remember one class I took where each student wrote a paragraph of a story before passing the paper on to another student and adding a second paragraph to a different story, and so on. At the end of the class, we'd all written pieces of 20-odd stories, and the results were interesting.

I thought that it might be fun to do that with BookCrossing. I hope I'll be able to read the book again, after it has been through many hands and has an unusual tale to tell. Therefore I'd like to request that this book only be released in registered crossing zones or controlled releases.

I don't think this contradicts the BookCrossing spirit. The FAQ states that: "Some registers choose to register journals that are then filled as they travel. If it represents an actual, physical book, it can have a BCID." This is like a journal, except it's fiction.

In an ideal world copyright wouldn't be an issue, but just to prevent any conflicts, I'm putting it under a Creative Commons license which puts the contents of the book in the public domain (but not for profit).

Journal Entry 2 by jayd from Limerick, Co. Limerick Ireland on Friday, February 23, 2007
The story starts like this:

It was a dark and stormy night somewhere, but not where Annette was.
Although she was 22 years old, she retained her tendency to dramatize her life,
and expected the weather to assist her by matching her mood.

It had been an awful day. Her goldfish, Mr. Puckers, had died that
morning, and further inconvenienced her by blocking her toilet when she
attempted to flush him away. She had received a poor mark on an essay,
which bore a remark from the teacher that her fanciful imagination was
better suited to fiction than analysis. To top it off, her downstairs
neighbor had fried a fish; its scent was even now invading her apartment,
troubling her sensitive nose.

Curious about what happens next? Pick up the book and make something happen!

Released 12 yrs ago (2/24/2007 UTC) at OBCZGouda, studiezaal bibliotheek (gesloten) in Gouda, Zuid-Holland Netherlands

Released 12 yrs ago (3/17/2007 UTC) at OBCZGouda, studiezaal bibliotheek (gesloten) in Gouda, Zuid-Holland Netherlands

I took it but do not have the time or inspiration to write right now, I asked around on the Dutch forum (http://www.bookcrossing.com/forum/15/4227824/11) if anyone would like to write, it will be ringed for a short time :-)
mefeather will take it at the meeting, she will give it to Miekepieke.
After that Ingootje, Xamantha and Anyrock will join in....

Journal Entry 5 by mefeather from Den Haag, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Saturday, March 17, 2007
What a marvellous idea to do this. I couldn't add much, only a paragraph. :D But I really love round Robins, so thanks for starting one! The only downside is that I wonder how the story will go, so I would love to read it again sometime. It will be passed on to another bookcrosser during the Easter weekend.

Journal Entry 6 by miekepieke from Ulft, Gelderland Netherlands on Wednesday, May 23, 2007
Mefeather dropped this 'book' in my letterbox last weekend. I allready read the beginning and i will try to write my piece of the story soon!