a taste for it

by Monica McInerney | Women's Fiction |
Registered by rapturina of Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on 2/4/2007
Journal Entry 1 by rapturina from Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Sunday, February 04, 2007
Very enjoyable and quick read!

From the backflap:
"A trip to Ireland to promote Australian food and wine - Maura Carmody can't wait to get going!

A week promoting wine, then three weeks as guest chef in a top cooking school - she is confident she can put Lorikeet Hill, her South Australian restaurant-winery, on the map.

The wine's been shipped, the menus tested - everything has been planned to the last detail. But Maura has not planned for the whirlwind of mishaps, misunderstandings, rivals and revelations that awaits her in Ireland.

And she's forgotten to cater for love."

Going to lauraloo29 as part of the Contemporary Romance bookrelay!

In the mail as of March 31st!

Journal Entry 2 by winglauraloo29wing from Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Friday, April 13, 2007
Arrived safe and sound today. Thank you!

Journal Entry 3 by winglauraloo29wing at Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Friday, March 13, 2015
Yes, an enjoyable and quick read. It did grab me from the start. I stayed up late last night to almost finish it. Some surprising twists. Some unsurprising ones. Although I find characters like Maura somewhat irritating. Although maybe since I'm older and wiser I don't have the patience for the young who don't realize the world is bigger than them. :)

Journal Entry 4 by winglauraloo29wing at Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Friday, August 28, 2015

Released 4 yrs ago (9/2/2015 UTC) at Edmonton, Alberta Canada

Sending to JennyC1230 as part of the International VBB. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 5 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Tuesday, September 08, 2015
Thanks for sending to me from the
International VBB
that I'm hosting. This looks like a fun chick-lit/women's fiction book. I'm looking forward to reading it.

Journal Entry 6 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Friday, November 20, 2015
My Review: This was a good book. It could have used a bit of editing and more humor with the misunderstandings in the story line. That said, I really liked the main character Maura. I kept reading to find out what happens to her at the end.

Journal Entry 7 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Tuesday, January 05, 2016
Putting into the 15th round of Bookstogive's General Literature VBB.

Journal Entry 8 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Friday, September 23, 2016
This one wasn't chosen, so I'm taking it out of the VBB.

Journal Entry 9 by JennyC1230 at Rak Outfitters in Woodstock, Georgia USA on Friday, September 30, 2016

Released 3 yrs ago (9/30/2016 UTC) at Rak Outfitters in Woodstock, Georgia USA

Left on a table at the Yoquiri frozen yogurt place next door to RAK Outiftters. Enjoy the book!