Bitten (Women of the Otherworld, Book 1)

by Kelley Armstrong | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by CheriePie of Campbell, California USA on 2/3/2007
Journal Entry 1 by CheriePie from Campbell, California USA on Saturday, February 03, 2007
I picked up this extra copy at Got Books as I already have the hardcover in my PC! Reserved for swap or Paranormal VBB.

Book Description
An addictive, deeply enjoyable thrill ride on the frontier of the feral and feminine...a debut novel of astonishing imaginative power from the future queen of suspense.

Elena Michaels slips out of bed, careful not to wake her boyfriend. He hates it when she disappears in the middle of the night, and can't understand why any normal woman would crave the small hours of the morning, the dark unsafe downtown streets. But Elena's skin is tingling, the pent-up energy feels like it’s about to blow her muscles apart—she can’t put it off any longer. She loves to run at the edge of the city, but she doesn’t have time to get there. She has to slink into an alley, take off her clothes and hide them carefully, and make the Change.

Elena's trying hard to be normal. She hates her strength, and her wildness, and her hunger for food, for sex, for running in the night, for the chase and the kill. She wants a husband, children... even a mother-in-law. Or at least that's what she tells herself.

And then the inevitable happens. The Pack needs her. The Pack she loves and hates is under siege from a bunch of disreputable and ruthless mutts who are threatening to expose them all, breaking all the rules that have kept them safe. The loyalty of her nature calls her home, and into the fight, which tests just who Elena is: the wild woman or the wistful would-be human.

Journal Entry 2 by CheriePie at RABCK in Media Mail, Postal Release -- Controlled Releases on Monday, February 26, 2007

Released 12 yrs ago (2/27/2007 UTC) at RABCK in Media Mail, Postal Release -- Controlled Releases

Well, though I'd originally planned to use this in the paranormal bookbox or a swap, once I saw it was on nou's wishlist, I wanted to RABCK it to her instead. :)

Mailed to noumena12 along with Aphrodite's Passion (lending since I didn't read that one yet) on 27-Feb-2007 via Media Mail.

Journal Entry 3 by noumena12 from Dayton, Ohio USA on Wednesday, March 07, 2007
Thanks so much Cherie!! Now I can read this series! Nice label! :)

Journal Entry 4 by rebeccaljames from Cincinnati, Ohio USA on Monday, July 23, 2007
I picked this book up at Columbus BO meetup. I am looking forward to reading it. Thank you for sharing.