Vampire Kisses

by Ellen Schreiber | Teens |
Registered by CheriePie of Campbell, California USA on 1/30/2007
Journal Entry 1 by CheriePie from Campbell, California USA on Tuesday, January 30, 2007
Raven lives in "Dullsville", where nothing ever happens. Until now...

The mansion on top of Benson Hill has been empty and boarded up for years. But a new family has moved in. A family that never ventures out during the day. Who are these creepy people—especially the handsome, dark, and elusive Alexander Sterling? Or rather, what are they? Could the town gossip actually be true? Are they vampires?

Raven, who secretly covets a vampire kiss, both at the risk of her own mortality and Alexander's loving trust, is dying to uncover the truth.

Journal Entry 2 by CheriePie from Campbell, California USA on Saturday, May 19, 2007
My Review
Raven is a Goth teen who lives in "Dullsville"... where nothing interesting ever happens! Until the Sterling family moves into the haunted house on top of Benson Hill, and the rumors start flying that they're vampires since they're never seen during the day.

Raven, who as a little girl proclaimed she wanted to be a vampire when she grew up, has had a strong attraction to the house even during the long years it sat empty. So she's determined to uncover the truth about the spooky new family... especially the darkly handsome 17-year-old Alexander.

This was a quick and enjoyable teen book that ended on a cliffhanger, leaving me anxiously looking forward to the sequel, which unfortunately I don't yet have. :( Despite the teen target audience, the author is good at keeping you wondering right up until the very end.

This book is now reserved for kislany, who had it on her wishlist, so I had her request it through BookMooch so that I could send it to her along with another book I owe her from a previous swap.

Journal Entry 3 by CheriePie at BookMooch in USPS, By Mail/Post/Courier -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Released 13 yrs ago (5/22/2007 UTC) at BookMooch in USPS, By Mail/Post/Courier -- Controlled Releases

Sending off to kislany, who mooched this on BookMooch, along with Grave Surprise, from February's So Good You Have to Steal It swap.

Mailed on 22-May-2007 via International Priority Mail with tracking # LJ 550 056 536 US. (If that doesn't work, try this one: LX 672 536 735 US.)

Journal Entry 4 by Kislany on Wednesday, May 30, 2007
Thanks cherie, got it!! Took me a while to figure out the BCID, it was written wrong on the label, lol! Had to come here hoping that it was the second part of the number that was wrong, as that's visible to see - and it was *phewwww*...
Will read soon as I think Amberkatze has it on her BM wishlist...*whistle*

Journal Entry 5 by Amberkatze from Wien Bezirk 10 - Favoriten, Wien Austria on Tuesday, June 12, 2007
Thank you Kislany! *waves* to Cheriepie!

Another great Mooch...will read sometime soon! You both know me ;) I am looking forward to it!

Journal Entry 6 by Amberkatze from Wien Bezirk 10 - Favoriten, Wien Austria on Friday, June 29, 2007
I really enjoyed this one and I can't wait to get hold of the next books in the series. Sure this is aimed at teenagers but it is interesting and keeps you reading until the end...which was a cliffhanger!

I wonder if the author is really called Ellen Schreiber or it is a coincidence that her surname means 'writer' in German.

Journal Entry 7 by wss4 from Branford, Florida USA on Monday, August 27, 2007
Got this one in the mail today via BookMooch. Looking forward to this series. Thanks for sharing!!