THE HOUSE OF THE SPIRITS

by Isabel Allende | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by mrsordonez of Fenton, Missouri USA on 1/21/2003
Journal Entry 1 by mrsordonez from Fenton, Missouri USA on Tuesday, January 21, 2003
This is one of the best books I have read. I was supposed to read it for a Spanish Literature class (in Spanish) but ran out of time so I read it in English instead (yeah, like you've never done that!) This actual copy is brand-new, never been read (I'm keeping my older copy for myself) but I thought I'd share the wealth and pass this one on to others. The novel is quite a bit different than the movie because it deals with three generations of women instead of just two (in the movie the daughter and the granddaughter are combined into the same character) and reveals many more intricities that were too complex to be represented in the theater. Whoever gets this--enjoy! To read the journals from two other copies of this book, click here, and here.

Journal Entry 2 by mrsordonez at Saint Louis University in St. Louis, Missouri USA on Wednesday, January 29, 2003
Released on Wednesday, January 29, 2003 at Saint Louis University in St. Louis, Missouri USA.

Outside of Ritter Hall 17. This should be tempting to Spanish majors.... (I'm still trying to hook anyone in my department onto BC).

Journal Entry 3 by mrsordonez from Fenton, Missouri USA on Wednesday, February 5, 2003
This book is still sitting on the shelf (unfortunately!) as of 2-5-03. I am amazed that everyone can just walk by it. It is a brand-new paperback and everything. I will give it a week more, and then move it to what may be a more enticing location (the Women's Studies offices on campus).

Journal Entry 4 by mrsordonez from Fenton, Missouri USA on Wednesday, March 5, 2003
Well, the book is no longer there, but I've yet to see a journal entry. Sigh, I guess I have to think that at least the books are getting into the hands of interested readers. Want an Amazon review of this book? Click here.