My Best Friends Girl

by Dorothy Koomson | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by retromonkey of Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom on 1/29/2007
Journal Entry 1 by retromonkey from Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom on Monday, January 29, 2007
Synopsis
What would you do for the friend who broke your heart? Best friends Kamryn Matika and Adele Brannon thought nothing could come between them - until Adele did the unthinkable and slept with Kamryn's fiance, Nate. Worse still, she got pregnant and had his child. When Kamryn discovered the truth about their betrayal she vowed never to see any of them again. Two years later, Kamryn receives a letter from Adele asking her to visit her in hospital. Adele is dying and begs Kamryn to adopt her daughter, Tegan. With a great job and a hectic social life, the last thing Kamryn needs is a five year old to disrupt things. Especially not one who reminds her of Nate. But with no one else to take care of Tegan and Adele fading fast, does she have any other choice? So begins a difficult journey that leads Kamryn towards forgiveness, love, responsibility and, ultimately, a better understanding of herself.

Released as part of the World Book Day celebrations.

Journal Entry 3 by MsCombobulate from Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom on Sunday, June 03, 2007
A bit more than a Chick Lit - Ideal holiday read, unfortunately I wasn't on holiday when I read it!!

Journal Entry 4 by Korky from Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom on Thursday, July 05, 2007
Thanks retromonkey for passing on another interesting looking book.

Journal Entry 5 by Korky from Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire United Kingdom on Thursday, May 15, 2008
Well I'm afraid this wasn't the book for me, I did read right to the end to see how it turned out but was increasingly irritated as I went along. I think I agree that it was a bit more than 'chick-lit' but the main romantic premise was straight out of Mills & Boon - girl meets boy and they dislike each other intently, but what a surprise they get together. I thought it was over emotionally written, no-one was ever just a bit upset, it had to be "rivers of pain", but I wasn't moved. Most of the characters weren't particularly likeable, our main protagonist Kamryn was such a cow she certainly wouldn't be my best friend. And final irritant was that I didn't feel I needed to know what Tegan was wearing on a daily basis (sigh).
My mum has also read this but was waiting for me to finish before discussing, I'll see if I can get her to do a review but she's usually pretty reluctant.

Hope the next reader enjoys it more than me!

Journal Entry 6 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Friday, May 16, 2008
The characters were annoying and it was rather a coincidence that so many of them had dreadful abusive childhods (was Nate the only one that didn't?) and Tegan was to goody-goody to be true.
KORKY'S MUM

CAUGHT IN MILTON KEYNES BUCKINGHAMSHIRE UNITED KINGDOM

Journal Entry 7 by Korky at post office in By Mail, BookCrosser -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, May 31, 2008

Released 11 yrs ago (5/31/2008 UTC) at post office in By Mail, BookCrosser -- Controlled Releases

In the post today as a surprise RABCK for Welshhelen as I spotted it on her wishlist.

Journal Entry 8 by WelshHelen from Ponthenri, Wales United Kingdom on Monday, June 02, 2008
Korky!! What a wonderful surprise, thank you! I'll add it to The Mountain but it'll be towards the top :-) Thanks again - say hello to MK from me :-)

Journal Entry 9 by WelshHelen at Ponthenri, Wales United Kingdom on Wednesday, July 10, 2019
Sorry, never got round to reading this and I'm now downsizing for a future move.

Donated to Cats Protection to raise much needed funds.