The Rats

by James Herbert | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by jare of Hudson, Florida USA on 2/15/2007
Amazon.com | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR | Amazon IT
Journal Entry 1 by jare from Hudson, Florida USA on Thursday, February 15, 2007
Just got this book off of eBay. Have been looking for it for quite a while, as I've heard good things about this classic. What perfect timing, too, I can read this for my Horror Read & Release Challenge next month as March is "Gaia's Revenge" month!! Pictured is a pic of the actual cover on the copy I have.

Cover blurb:

London is struck by an invasion. Women, children, old and y oung, none are safe from the deadly menace. The attacks are swift and sure, escape is impossible.

A state of emergency is declared. Evacuation seems the only solution in the face of a growing panic and mounting death toll. War is declared on the public enemy number one.

The Rats!

Journal Entry 2 by jare from Hudson, Florida USA on Wednesday, March 07, 2007
Just finished this book. WOW! I really was apprehensive to read it. I had heard both good and bad things about Herbert's early work, and since this was his first novel, it falls into that category. I'm happy to say that it was very much to my liking. Very gory, and not for the faint at heart (nor for those who have issues reading about violence against children or animals). I'm quite glad I have the other two books in the trilogy, I will be reading those soon! I'm not usually big on action scenes in books, but the way he wrote them just flowed and really had me on edge. Quick, funtabulous read!! Will release soon!

Journal Entry 3 by jare at PNM Central and Juan Tabo in Albuquerque, New Mexico USA on Friday, March 09, 2007

Released 11 yrs ago (3/9/2007 UTC) at PNM Central and Juan Tabo in Albuquerque, New Mexico USA

Will be leaving inside, probably near the courtesy phone.

Releasing for my Horror Read And Release Challenge.