The Stone Council

by Jean-Christophe Grangé | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by SerendipityN of Wuppertal, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on 1/29/2007
Journal Entry 1 by SerendipityN from Wuppertal, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Monday, January 29, 2007
"As a child, Diane Thiberge had been the victim of an assault. Now aged 30, an ethnologist specialising in the study of predatory animals, and a woman adept in the martial arts, she believes she has at last found a meaning and purpose to her life when she decides to adopt a five-year-old Thai boy, Liu-San, whom she christens Lucien.

On her reurn to France, however, Lucien is involved in an accident and is declared to be brain-dead. A series of murders make Diane realise that her son is no ordinary child, but someone who, through no fault of his own, has fallen prey to sinister paranormal forces. In a dénoument that takes her from Paris and Germany to the remote mountain fastnesses of Mongolia, she resolves to fight for her son's survival."

__________
I bought the book after reading, and enjoying, Grangé's Blood-Red Rivers. Unfortunately, I was disappointed.

***

Ich habe The Stone Council gekauft, nachdem ich zuvor Die purpurnen Flüsse gelesen hatte, welches mir auch gefiel. Leider hat dieser Roman meine Erwartungen nicht erfüllt.

Released 12 yrs ago (1/29/2007 UTC) at Wuppertal Zentralbibliothek in Wuppertal, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany

I released my first book today at the OBCZ Zentralbibliothek Wuppertal. :)

***

Ich habe mein erstes Buch heute in der OBCZ Zentralbibliothek Wuppertal frei gelassen. :)

Journal Entry 3 by midniteblue from Schwelm, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Monday, January 29, 2007
I found it at OBCZ, Wuppertal on the free-book table this afternoon. The blurb sounds thrilling. Let´s see.

Journal Entry 4 by midniteblue from Schwelm, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Sunday, February 04, 2007
The plot is exciting, but the end is slightly disappointing.
Nevertheless, it´s worthwhile to read.
I´ll set it free within the next two week, jet I don´t know where.

Further on it makes me curious to read "The blood-red rivers".
If someone wants to read more about sibirian schamanism, I recommend "Entering der Circle" (deutsch: Das weisse Land der Seele) by Olga Kharitidi.

Am Eingangsbereich zur Bibliothek

Journal Entry 6 by UidoEsterwelle from Wuppertal, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Monday, February 12, 2007
Mein erstes Buch auf englisch. Mal sehen wie das so wird ;-)

CAUGHT IN WUPPERTAL, EINGAGSBEREICH ZUR UNI-BIB

Released 12 yrs ago (3/23/2007 UTC) at Flughafen (Airport) in Düsseldorf, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany