Dead Right

by Peter Robinson | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by Kleptokitty on 1/24/2007
Journal Entry 1 by Kleptokitty on Wednesday, January 24, 2007
I'm a big Peter Robinson fan. I found this one at the hospital book stall, one of my favourite second hand book hunting grounds on the basis that it's easy to justify coming home with an armload when it's for a good cause!

Synopsis
Inspector Alan Banks' ninth case sees him investigating the murder of a young racist. A man who, it seems, has lived by the sword and now died by the sword. But it is never that simple...A night at the opera had offered Chief Inspector Alan Banks a temporary respite from his troubles - both at work and at home. But the telephone call summoning him to Easlvale brings him back to reality with a bump. For the body of teenager Jason Fox has been found in a dirty alleyway. He has been kicked to death. At first it looks like an after-hours pub fight gone wrong - until Banks learns that Jason was a member of a white power organisation known as the Albion League. So who wanted him dead? The Pakistani youths he had insulted in the pub earlier that evening? The shady friends of his business partner Mark Wood? Or someone within the Albion League itself? Someone who resented the teenager's growing power in a brutal and unforgiving organisation...?

12.2.07
Reserved for Rahar109

Journal Entry 2 by Kleptokitty on Saturday, February 17, 2007
This is the first Inspector Banks books where I came away feeling that I'd be better off reading them in sequence.

I found this a quick & engaging read, my only moan being that it ended very abruptly.

I'll be passing this on to rahar109 shortly.

Journal Entry 3 by wingrahar109wing from Ash Vale, Surrey United Kingdom on Sunday, February 18, 2007
Passed to me by Kleptokitty.
Thank you, one to cross off the wish list.

Journal Entry 4 by wingrahar109wing from Ash Vale, Surrey United Kingdom on Sunday, April 15, 2007
These books are definitely getting darker. I agree with Kleptokitty that the end was abrupt and rather anti-climatic (is that a word?). I felt rather cheated - killing off the main suspect is a lazy way out. And I'm not interested in Bank's marital problems.

Journal Entry 5 by wingrahar109wing at La Falaise car park in Ventnor, Isle Of Wight United Kingdom on Saturday, September 11, 2010

Released 9 yrs ago (9/11/2010 UTC) at La Falaise car park in Ventnor, Isle Of Wight United Kingdom

On seat in sea front shelter.

Hello!

If this is your introduction to Bookcrossing, welcome, and congratulations on finding this book! Enjoy reading the book,and I hope you will let us know what you thought - as few or as many comments as you wish. It is now yours to do with as you wish - keep it, pass it on, but please leave the label, so it can keep in touch with us. If you would like to know what happens to the book after it has left you, then do join - it's private and it's fun!
And if you do choose to join, please consider using me, rahar109, as your referring member.

Happy Bookcrossing!