The Life and Death of Mary Wollstonecraft

by Claire Tomalin | Biographies & Memoirs |
Registered by LeighBCD on 1/21/2007
Journal Entry 1 by LeighBCD on Sunday, January 21, 2007
Tomalin is a great writer and Mary Wollstonecraft is a woman I should know more about.

Journal Entry 2 by LeighBCD on Sunday, January 28, 2007
Mary Wollstonecraft is an intriguing character, a real iconoclast in a time where women ventured little into politics or the world of the arts. Wollstonecraft truly had an extraordinary life. Having lived a spinster's existence in her 20s, she wrote A Vindication of the Rights of Women, then burst into life, moving to the Paris of The Terror and giving birth to illegitimate children. She was a selfish woman but also a passionate one in her beliefs - I enjoyed reading about her a lot.

I will release this book into the wild - I hope whoever finds it enjoys it. When you have finished with the book, please send it out into the world for someone else to find. Thanks so much and welcome to Bookcrossing!

Journal Entry 3 by LeighBCD at Nightingale Lane in Clapham, Greater London United Kingdom on Sunday, February 04, 2007

left on a bench - I hope whoever found this book enjoys it.

Journal Entry 4 by LeighBCD at Nightingale Lane in Clapham, Greater London United Kingdom on Sunday, February 04, 2007

Released 12 yrs ago (2/4/2007 UTC) at Nightingale Lane in Clapham, Greater London United Kingdom

left on a bench - I hope whoever found this book enjoys it.