Journey to Eureka

by Kerry Greenwood | Teens |
Registered by wombles of Caboolture, Queensland Australia on 1/21/2007
Journal Entry 1 by wombles from Caboolture, Queensland Australia on Sunday, January 21, 2007
Set in 1854 on the goldfields of Ballarat in the times of the Eureka Stockade.

Journal Entry 2 by aleonblue from Brisbane, Queensland Australia on Saturday, March 24, 2007
Thanks for sharing this one with me Wombles - I do enjoy Kerry Greenwood's writing, no matter what age it's meant for. Look forward to reading this one...

Journal Entry 3 by aleonblue from Brisbane, Queensland Australia on Monday, April 09, 2007
Another good read from Kerry Greenwood. She has an amazing ability to tur history into something real, and her eye for detail, no just in the historical setting, but also about people, is jut incredible. Thanks again for sharing this book Wombles.

Released 13 yrs ago (4/10/2007 UTC) at O'Malley's Irish Pub, Queen Street Mall in Brisbane, Queensland Australia

Passing this book on to some more appreciative BookCrossers at a special meet-up to meet Arrietty from Adelaide.

Journal Entry 5 by wombles from Caboolture, Queensland Australia on Tuesday, April 10, 2007
Picked up again from dinner tonight, will take along to meetup on Sunday.

Released 13 yrs ago (6/15/2007 UTC) at Bookcrossing Meetup - details in notes in Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand

Journal Entry 7 by winglytteltonwitchwing from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Monday, June 18, 2007
Looks like a book that I would enjoy

Journal Entry 8 by winglytteltonwitchwing at Trattorie Cafe (OBCZ) in Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Friday, October 26, 2007

Released 13 yrs ago (10/26/2007 UTC) at Trattorie Cafe (OBCZ) in Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand

We are restocking the bookshelf as it is looking very tatty and it needs some better quality books to smarten it up.
This was a great read and I have to confess to reading until after midnight which meant I was very tired at work the next day

Journal Entry 9 by wingfuturecatwing from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Friday, October 26, 2007
Ok, so it didn't make it as far as the bookshelf :-)

Looks interesting.

^ ^
=+=
v

Journal Entry 10 by wingfuturecatwing from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Monday, November 19, 2007
I don't really know anything about this period of Australian history (though having grown up in the area of one of NZ's gold rushes, I'm very familiar with the NZ equivalent), so this was a really interesting read - plus it was just a great story, well told.

^ ^
=+=
v

Journal Entry 11 by wingfuturecatwing from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Tuesday, November 27, 2007
Given to the Wellington bookcrossers.

Journal Entry 12 by Sherlockfan from Upper Hutt, Wellington Province New Zealand on Tuesday, November 27, 2007
FutureCat visited Wellington and came to a barbecue at my daughter's house, accompanied by DiscoveryLover. FC brought two books with her; I took this one and will swap with DL when we meet up at December Meet-up.

Journal Entry 13 by Sherlockfan from Upper Hutt, Wellington Province New Zealand on Sunday, December 30, 2007
Thoroughly enjoyed this book and learned a little more about one of the fabulous struggles that Australia went through as she grew into the great country she now is.
I really enjoyed the great character of youn Lou, or whatever he was called at particular times during this travels. He surely grew to ne a great man.

This was my first experience of Kerry Greenwood in her role of writing semi historical stories about Oz and I'd like to read more of her writing.

Journal Entry 14 by Sherlockfan at Friend in Friend, A Potential Bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Sunday, December 30, 2007

Released 13 yrs ago (12/30/2007 UTC) at Friend in Friend, A Potential Bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

Taking this book to pass on to DiscoveryLover when we gather at the home of Zuchini, delightful Irish woman I met indirectly through her BC sister Nut who I met in Ireland in 2005. Nut is visiting NZ and I do hope she likes it here. We need more good people her in NZ, especially BookCrossers.

Journal Entry 15 by wingdiscoveryloverwing from Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand on Monday, December 31, 2007
Caught at the meetup yesterday! Happy New Year everyone!

Journal Entry 16 by wingdiscoveryloverwing from Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand on Saturday, January 26, 2008
What a fantastic book! A really well written story! I don't know that much about this period of history, but this was an interesting introduction! Would like to read more of this author.

Will probably wild release this one.

Journal Entry 17 by wingAnonymousFinderwing on Sunday, January 27, 2008
i didnt read the book, but i was the last person on the bus and i didnt want the driver to hand it into lost and found :). im gonna put it somewhere really good. not hidden but really original. still thinking where

CAUGHT IN WELLINGTON NEW ZEALAND