Motor Mouth

by Janet Evanovich | Entertainment |
Registered by CheriePie of Campbell, California USA on 1/16/2007
Journal Entry 1 by CheriePie from Campbell, California USA on Tuesday, January 16, 2007
Received through PaperBackSwap.com.

Those metro maniacs Alexandra "Barney" Barnaby and NASCAR driver Sam Hooker are back!

Miami is still freakin' humid. The nights are even hotter. And there's a body on ice. And that's just the beginning of this adrenaline-rush of a hot-wired ride from phenomenal number one New York Times bestselling author Janet Evanovich.

A woman with a taste for speed and a talent for breaking the rules, Barney also knows a little too much about cheating. First there was Hooker and that salesclerk. Now she's convinced one of the competitors is up to no good on the track. Snooping to find evidence, Hooker and Barney "borrow" a NASCAR hauler. Turns out, the hauler is carrying two race cars and a dead guy. It looks like Barney and Hooker are facing multiple counts of grand theft auto and homicide.

So buckle up as Barney, Hooker, a 150-pound bundle of Saint Bernard love named Beans, and the Super Cigar Ladies Felicia and Rosa shift into gear on a wild race around South Florida and Concord, North Carolina.

Everything you always wanted to know about righteous indignation, stealing an eighteen-wheeler, and sex in the fast lane.

Journal Entry 2 by CheriePie from Campbell, California USA on Saturday, May 26, 2007
Barney, Hooker, and friends are back, tearing up the race track, and tearing up the town! The action takes place in a wild race around Southern Florida and Concord, North Carolina, home of NASCAR. Barney and Hooker "borrow" a NASCAR trailer to save a friend, only to discover that in addition to the two race cars and their friend Gobbles in the back, there's also a naked dead man wrapped in plastic! And that's not all... turns out the cars house their own secrets as well.

Now on the run from a couple of hit men, the head of R&D at Huevo Industries, and the police for questioning on a murder they didn't commit, Barney and Hooker team up with old pals Felicia and Rosa to clear their names, and try to figure out what's going down in downtown!

This was another great Evanovich read which I enjoyed just as much as its predecessor Metro Girl. It had a lot of laugh-out-loud moments, and you're left wondering just what's happening right up until the very end.

This is now reserved for needmorezoloft, who won it in February's Mysterious Affair swap on BSL.

Released 13 yrs ago (2/1/2008 UTC) at BookObsessed Swap in USPS, By Mail/Post/Courier -- Controlled Releases

Owed to needmorezoloft from Mysterious Affair #3 Swap on BookSwapLive last February. (Yeah it was that long ago. LOL) Sending along with an RABCK from her wishlist since I'd been holding this until I could include something else along with it (for the same price since this hardcover was over a lb.)

Journal Entry 4 by needmorezoloft from Detroit, Texas USA on Thursday, February 07, 2008
Thank you!!! :hugs:

Journal Entry 5 by needmorezoloft from Detroit, Texas USA on Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Title: Motor Mouth
Author: Janet Evanovich
My Area of Interest: Series I'm into
Finished 07/22/08 - Another good one in the series.

Gave to my little ol' neighboor lady... she wasn't sure if she had read it or not. More than likely I'll get it back when her and Ester have read it... I ususally do. ;)

Journal Entry 7 by needmorezoloft from Detroit, Texas USA on Monday, July 28, 2008
Got back from Peggy.