For Tibet, with Love: A Beginner's Guide to Changing the World

by Isabel Losada | Nonfiction |
Registered by Safrolistics of Newbiggin-By-The-Sea, Northumberland United Kingdom on 1/21/2007
Journal Entry 1 by Safrolistics from Newbiggin-By-The-Sea, Northumberland United Kingdom on Sunday, January 21, 2007
Pre-numbered label used for registration.

Synopsis
'Sometimes you just have to do something, don't you? Sometimes an injustice comes along and you think 'No, this cannot be', and rather than just turn off the TV, you know it's time to act' So begins Isabel Losada's extraordinary "A Beginner's Guide to Changing the World - For Tibet with Love" in which she explores whether it's possible for an ordinary person to change the world, just a little, and if something so serious can be achieved with joy in one's heart. From visits to Nepal and Tibet, to meetings with the Chinese ambassador and Tibetan awareness-raising groups, Isabel single-handedly hatches a stunning PR coup involving Nelson's Column, a 15 metre banner and a base-jumping parachutist that captured headlines worldwide. And then she meets the Dalai Lama...Warm and funny, moving and thought-provoking, the astonishing "A Beginner's Guide to Changing the World - For Tibet with Love" celebrates the fact that we can make a difference.

Released 12 yrs ago (2/10/2007 UTC) at Liquid, Coventry City Arcade in Coventry, West Midlands United Kingdom

2007 Valentine Release Challenge

Journal Entry 3 by annikapannika from Coventry, West Midlands United Kingdom on Tuesday, February 13, 2007
passed to me from safrolistics on the weekend. hope to laugh as much as i did at the previous one.

Journal Entry 4 by annikapannika from Coventry, West Midlands United Kingdom on Sunday, March 04, 2007
i am a better person for just reading it. a transforming book without a single lecture just a lot of warmth and laughter to put across. comes with highest recommendations! sent to dschinny, germany.

Journal Entry 5 by wingdschinnywing from Hamburg, Hamburg Germany on Wednesday, March 07, 2007
Arrived in the post this morning. That was really quick! Thank you very much! Looking forward to this.

Journal Entry 6 by wingdschinnywing from Hamburg, Hamburg Germany on Thursday, August 21, 2008
I enjoyed the book very much. Losada's writing style is so natural and funny at times that you think she's talking to you. I never felt lectured, quite the contrary, similar to Leo Hickman's "A Life Sripped Bare" she is exploring how to do the "right thing" not leaving out the disappointments and frustrations but never giving up.

If there is interest I will send it into the world as a bookring.

1. Nordkind (Germany)
2. azuki (USA)
3. Shroffland (USA)
4. yayajanuary (Indonesia)
5. Supertalya (South Korea)

and back to me.

Journal Entry 7 by wingNordkindwing from Hamburg - Barmbek, Hamburg Germany on Saturday, August 23, 2008
Got the book from dschinny at our annual BC-BBQ.

Update January 26th: The book has now finally travelled to the US. Thanks for letting me read it. Very inspiring indeed. :o)

Journal Entry 8 by wingAzukiwing from Miami, Florida USA on Friday, February 06, 2009
Book has arrived safely here. Thank you so much. I am reading a couple of thick books now but will start on this when I am done.

Journal Entry 9 by wingAzukiwing from Miami, Florida USA on Thursday, March 12, 2009
I am the type of woman who behaves and thus never makes history. It is therefore quite interesting to read about how a woman finds a cause she is passionate about and goes on to become an activist and does crazy things to promote it. In the first part, I don't know if she was attempting to be humorous, but she appeared so naive and cheeky; also she made it sound like the Chinese invasion of Tibet was the only atrocity in the world and the only torturing happening on earth, and I didn't quite like it. The ending paragraph is nicely written though and the book and video list at the end of the book is excellent.

This is now heading to the next reader. Thanks for sharing the book.

Journal Entry 10 by wingShrofflandwing from Snellville, Georgia USA on Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Thank you for sending this! I've already dipped into it and am thinking I'll get my own copy for my permanent collection.

Journal Entry 11 by wingShrofflandwing from Snellville, Georgia USA on Tuesday, April 28, 2009
I am ready to send this on, and am PMing yayajanuary for ann address.

I enjoyed reading ab out how Losada's curiosity and willingness to learn more about the situation in Tibet informed her activism and fueled her passion to make a difference.

Journal Entry 12 by wingShrofflandwing at -- Mailed, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Friday, May 01, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (5/1/2009 UTC) at -- Mailed, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

On its way to the next reader!

Journal Entry 13 by yayajanuary from Jakarta, Jakarta Indonesia on Wednesday, May 13, 2009
thanksss Angana :)

Journal Entry 14 by yayajanuary at on Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (7/14/2009 UTC) at

Sent to Supertalya today :)

Journal Entry 15 by wingdschinnywing at on Friday, July 30, 2010
This book seems to be lost but I'll keep it on "travelling" just in case it turns up again somewhere.

Journal Entry 16 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Seoul, Soul-t'ukpyolsi South Korea on Saturday, February 27, 2016
I will read the book and take it to the Philippines with me next month to share with students there.