The Final Trick of Funnyman and Other Stories

by Bruce Taylor, Carl Sloan | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
ISBN: 096681844x Global Overview for this book
Registered by laevina of Denver, Colorado USA on 1/7/2007
Journal Entry 1 by laevina from Denver, Colorado USA on Sunday, January 07, 2007
Fantasy / Horror

Journal Entry 2 by laevina at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (9/17/2009 UTC) at -- Bookbox, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

off into the wild . . .
into the sci-fi fantasy bookbox it goes
see forum entry here - http://www.bookcrossing.com/forum/20/6445090

Journal Entry 3 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Thursday, September 24, 2009
I'm taking this trade paperback out of Laevina's Fantasy/SF/Horror book box. Looks like a quirky collection of stories by an author I'm not familiar with - intriguing! [It seems to be the only copy registered so far, too; an extra inducement. And it's inscribed by the author, "To Lauren," circa 2006 - nice to see!]

Later: The stories range from surreal ("The Attendant") to very human ("Child, Looking at the Moon, Wondering"), touching on questions of perception and reality, fear and abuse, sense of identity. Sometimes they were a bit too surreal for my taste, leaving me wondering just what was going on {wry grin}. Among my favorites: "The Baker," about a successful, reasonably happy baker, who acquires a robot to help with his business, but neglects its maintenance. This has the expected disastrous result - but something very unexpected follows on. "The Journey of Mr. M" is a short story that reminded me of nightmares I sometimes have. "The Little Black Box of Brundool" reminded me in some ways of Ray Bradbury - a good thing. And the wry little vignette "Der Fuhrer as a Bad Kitchen Appliance".

Journal Entry 4 by wingGoryDetailswing at Hess Express in Billerica, Massachusetts USA on Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (10/13/2009 UTC) at Hess Express in Billerica, Massachusetts USA

I left this book propped up on a gas pump at the Hess Express station at about 5; hope the finder enjoys it!