The Abortionist's Daughter

by Elisabeth Hyde | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by FeralReader of Davis, California USA on 12/30/2006
Journal Entry 1 by FeralReader from Davis, California USA on Saturday, December 30, 2006
I've seen this title popping up all over the BookCrossing website, and noticed this hardbound copy on sale at our local SPCA thrift shop. Something new for the "TBR" shelf!

Journal Entry 2 by FeralReader from Davis, California USA on Sunday, December 30, 2007
More of a "light read" than the title suggests, I found this well-written novel very insightful in its treatment of the two female protagonists, their experiences and reflections. The plot line reminded me of Sarah Dunant's mystery writing, but without Dunant's humor and suspense. Rather predictable but a worthwhile read, anyway.

About this copy:
I discovered that page 215-216 is ruined, probably from a previous water spill, and I'll try to effect some kind of repair before passing it along.

Later note:
I found a copy in the library and photocopied the damaged pages, performing my first hardbound book repair, ever. I think it turned out well.

Journal Entry 3 by FeralReader from Davis, California USA on Sunday, June 15, 2008
In preparing to send along a bookray, I found this title on AceofHeart's wish list. I'm glad to have a copy to share, so will tuck it in the bookray parcel as a "RABCK."

Journal Entry 4 by wingAceofHeartswing from Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Thursday, July 03, 2008
received in the mail today as a RABCK. Thanks for being so very generous!!!

Journal Entry 5 by HoserLauren at Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Monday, June 09, 2014
My mom, AceofHearts, passed away from breast cancer on September 17, 2013. Aside from being one of the best people I know, she was an avid reader and took immense pleasure in Bookcrossing, her book club, and reading many great books. Unfortunately she didn't get around to reading this book.

We had similar tastes in books and would share them whenever we read something we enjoyed. This book sounds interesting so I'm going to keep it to read.

Journal Entry 6 by HoserLauren at Burlington, Ontario Canada on Friday, July 31, 2020
A fairly easy read, but pretty lacking in substance. The premise is interesting, an abortionist is found murdered having argued with both her husband and daughter the day of her death. She also had a lot of enemies. Seems like the suspect list would be very long. Instead, the cops get nowhere with the leads and instead the secondary cop on the case lets the murder victim's daughter sleep in his house.... and then sleep with him. Really? Dumb.

Journal Entry 7 by HoserLauren at Little Free Library - Blue Spruce in Burlington, Ontario Canada on Thursday, August 27, 2020

Released 4 wks ago (8/27/2020 UTC) at Little Free Library - Blue Spruce in Burlington, Ontario Canada

To the finder of this book: I hope you enjoy reading this book. Please keep it or set it free when you're done. If the book is of no interest to you, please release it into the wild for someone else to find and enjoy. I hope you will make a journal entry so its journey can be tracked and to let me know the book has been found. You can remain anonymous if you wish, but if you join BookCrossing, you are in for a great experience.