Moab is My Washpot

by Stephen Fry | Biographies & Memoirs |
Registered by beekeeper40 of Hoveton, Norfolk United Kingdom on 12/30/2006
Journal Entry 1 by beekeeper40 from Hoveton, Norfolk United Kingdom on Saturday, December 30, 2006
"'Stephen Fry is one of the great originals. This autobiography of his first twenty years is a pleasure to read, mixing outrageous acts with sensible opinions in bewildering confusion. That so much outward charm, self-awareness and intellect should exist alongside behaviour that threatened to ruin the lives of innocent victims, noble parents and Fry himself, gives the book a tragic grandeur and lifts it to classic status." - "Financial Times". "A remarkable, perhaps even unique, exercise in autobiography - that aroma of authenticity that is the point of all great autobiographies; of which this, I rather think, is one" - "Evening Standard". "He writes superbly about his family, about his homosexuality, about the agonies of childhood - some of his bursts of smile take the breath away- his most satisfying and appealing book so far" - "Observer". "

Journal Entry 2 by beekeeper40 from Hoveton, Norfolk United Kingdom on Tuesday, March 06, 2007
I was looking forward to reading this book and was on a bookring list organised by to-fengari, however it is stalled. I saw this copy in a charity shop and bought it.

I love Stephen Fry's writing and this is the second book by him I have read. This one was even more enjoyable as he describes the first twenty years of his somewhat colourful life. Looking forward to reading about the next 20 years.

This book is now carrying on to-fengari's stalled bookring.

Journal entry 1 by to-fengari from Helsinki, Uusimaa Finland on Thursday, October 27, 2005

From the third page: "Stephen Fry now lives in London, Norfolk and New York. He no longer steals, cheats or lies nearly as much as he used to. He still talks too much, and he still has an annoying flop of schoolboy hair that seventeen of London's most expensive and absurd hairdressers have been able to do nothing about.
...Much of his past life is contained between the covers of the book you are now holding, much of his present life is spent trying to be good. He rarely succeeds, yet he still tries."

An autobiography of his first 20 years, I really enjoyed this book, Stephen Fry writes as brilliantly (and hilariously) as he acts!

THE RING (PM me if you want to participate)

1.aava (Jyväskylä)
2.dotdot (Helsinki)
n.back to me, and I will send it on because

THE RING GOES INTERNATIONAL!

(This list may change according to people's shipping wishes)
1.hAnG-gLiDiNg-1 (Tennessee, USA) THE STALLER!
2.LyekkaMarengo (Pennsylvania, USA)
3.tbeckross (Washington DC, USA)
4.librarymousie (New Hampshire, USA)

THE NEW RING
1.Rudifun23 (UK)>
2.Jaycee1972 (UK)ITS HERE
3.LyekkaMarengo (Pennsylvania, USA)
4.librarymousie (New Hampshire, USA)
5.BACK TO Beekeeper40 (UK) please

Released 13 yrs ago (3/6/2007 UTC) at to a fellow bookcrosser in Bookring, a postal release -- Controlled Releases

Mailed to Rudifun23 to reinstate to-fengari's stalled bookring.

Journal Entry 4 by Jaycee1972 from Belper, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Friday, April 27, 2007
Received a few days ago. Sorry for not journaling sooner. This is No2 on MTBR after I finish the one I am currently reading. Thanks for sharing and reinstating this book ring everyone :)

Journal Entry 5 by Jaycee1972 from Belper, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Friday, July 13, 2007
Gosh, just realised how long I have had this book. Sorry for not getting to it sooner. I am just not getting to read many books now my little boy is here. I had a brief spell when I could read while feeding him but now he is to nosey and turns around everytime I turn a page. I try to read a bit when he is in bed but sometimes I just sleep!

I will get to this soon, I promise :)

I will also pm the next person so I have their address ready to send on as soon as I am done.

Journal Entry 6 by Jaycee1972 from Belper, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Monday, August 13, 2007
Had a couple of goes at this and although I thought I would like it, I just can''t seem to get into it at the moment. Probably to much of life getting in the way :)

Thank you for being so patient. I will send the book on to LyekkaMarengo in the next couple of days by surface mail.

Journal Entry 7 by LyekkaMarengo from Warriors Mark, Pennsylvania USA on Monday, October 22, 2007
Received safe and sound in Central PA. I have been looking forward to this book from the first ring and was despairing of ever having the pleasure of it's company. Thanks for sending it on. I just have 1/2 a book to finish and then I'll start this one.

Journal Entry 8 by LyekkaMarengo from Warriors Mark, Pennsylvania USA on Wednesday, January 23, 2008
Sorry I held on to this book way too long but I really wanted to like it and kept trying to read it. I still love Fry's fiction but I just couldn't get interested in this one. I can't even quite say why which is very frustrating. Anyway it's moving on to librarymousie in NH today.

Journal Entry 9 by librarymousie from Portsmouth, New Hampshire USA on Monday, March 03, 2008
Arrived in the mail today. Will begin it shortly. Thanks so much for including me in this ring.