Animalogies

by Stanley Macrone | Reference |
ISBN: 038547587x Global Overview for this book
Registered by ealasaidmae of New Orleans, Louisiana USA on 12/29/2006
Journal Entry 1 by ealasaidmae from New Orleans, Louisiana USA on Friday, December 29, 2006
This book is all about animal expressions, like "dog days" and "a bull in a china shop." It explains their history and meanings.

Journal Entry 2 by ealasaidmae from New Orleans, Louisiana USA on Saturday, December 30, 2006
controlled release

Journal Entry 3 by TheLetterB from Dunedin, Otago New Zealand on Thursday, January 11, 2007
Arrived today. Thanks so much, ealasaidmae! I've already enjoyed looking up some expressions, and will have a good chortle before I try to find somewhere appropriate to release it at the BC convention in February.

Journal Entry 4 by TheLetterB from Dunedin, Otago New Zealand on Wednesday, February 14, 2007
Fun book to dip into. Will take with me to Wellington to release at the convention.

Journal Entry 5 by wingfuturecatwing from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Monday, February 19, 2007
Picked up at the Wellington NZBC convention (where TheLetterB and I seemed to do a lot of swapping of books we could have just exchanged at a meetup in Christchurch!)

^ ^
=+=
v

Journal Entry 6 by wingfuturecatwing from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Friday, June 08, 2007
Etymology is always fascinating, and this is a cute approach to it. I'm not totally convinced by some of the author's explanations, but there's still plenty of interesting trivia in here, as well as yet another reminder that we are separated from America by our common language - a lot of the "common" sayings were ones I've never heard before.

^ ^
=+=
v

Journal Entry 7 by winglytteltonwitchwing from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Sunday, July 01, 2007
Picked up a couple of weeks ago but it got buried under some other books.

Journal Entry 8 by winglytteltonwitchwing at Cafe Bleu, City Mall in Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Monday, April 07, 2008

Released 12 yrs ago (4/8/2008 UTC) at Cafe Bleu, City Mall in Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand

To be taken to our special meet up that it farewelling the three bookcrossers who are travelling to the London Convention

Journal Entry 9 by rarsberry from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Tuesday, April 08, 2008
Got this from the table at tonights meetup.

Journal Entry 10 by rarsberry from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Tuesday, April 22, 2008
Started reading this on Saturday 19.

Journal Entry 11 by rarsberry from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Finished reading this little book on Monday night.
A good read and I learnt a few things, some sayings I had never heard of.
The English language is an interesting thing.

Journal Entry 12 by rarsberry at Sign of the Kiwi in Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Sunday, June 01, 2008

Released 12 yrs ago (6/1/2008 UTC) at Sign of the Kiwi in Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand

We went for a drive to see the lights of the city.
Left this book on a seat by the main entrance.

Journal Entry 13 by fishponds from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Friday, June 06, 2008
Interesting read.