Singing Songs

by Meg Tilly | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingethereawing of Little Rock, Arkansas USA on 12/28/2006
Journal Entry 1 by wingethereawing from Little Rock, Arkansas USA on Thursday, December 28, 2006
Wow, this book moved me to tears! The story of a dysfunctional family with lots of issues Meg Tilly's first book was written as a novel, but she has since admitted that it is based on fact.
This story is written from a child's perspective, but the theme is not "childlike". I decided against wild releasing this one--I'll look for a wish on Cliff's site.

Journal Entry 2 by wingethereawing from Little Rock, Arkansas USA on Saturday, December 30, 2006
I found this on 2 wishlists. I picked dg7500 to send as this one was the earliest wish and got an address from rabck.com.
Happy New Year and Happy Bookcrossing!

Journal Entry 3 by wingdg7500wing from Lancaster, Pennsylvania USA on Thursday, January 04, 2007
Thank you so much for the lovely RABCK!!

I saw Meg Tilly interviewed recently, and she spoke about this book. It's amazing to me the difficulties people can survive and then rise above to make more of themselves. It sounds like a touching and emotional book, and I'm looking forward to reading it in the new year.

Update Nov. 2009: So sorry this has languished on MtTBR for so long. I finally finished reading it, and it truly was a very touching book. Thanks again for sharing this one with me!

I see it on a wishlist, and will be sending it out in a special HGG package shortly.

Journal Entry 4 by wingdg7500wing at RABCK, RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (11/18/2009 UTC) at RABCK, RABCK -- Controlled Releases

Sending out in a special HGG package...Enjoy!!

*2009 RABCK Release Challenge*/E-less Challenge
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To the finder of this book:

What you have in your hands is an honest-to-goodness gift, no strings attached. You may keep it forever and ever, pass it on to a friend, or release it back "into the wild" for someone else to find. I know it may seem a little odd to find this lying around--it's my way of touching the lives of others in a positive way, with the hope that it made your day. :)

If you are new to BookCrossing, and find this book and this site, welcome! Enjoy the site, the book, and hopefully the BookCrossing community. I hope you'll join BookCrossing (doesn't cost anything to join!) and if you do, please consider using any previous reader of this book ... or me, dg7500 ... as the member who referred you. Or you may remain anonymous!

If you are an old hand at BookCrossing, thanks for picking up the book! Either way, I hope you'll make a brief journal entry so all the previous and future readers can track this book's journey. Thanks, and Happy Crossing! :)

"Every book, every volume you see here, has a soul. The soul of the person who wrote it and of those who read it and lived and dreamed with it. Every time a book changes hands, every time someone runs his eyes down its pages, its spirit grows and strengthens ..."

Carlos Ruiz Zafon (The Shadow of the Wind)

Journal Entry 5 by ladybug74 from Dothan, Alabama USA on Saturday, November 21, 2009
Thanks a million dg7500 for sending this book. It sounds so interesting that I plan to read it very soon.

I had a horrible day and came home feeling like there were such cruel people in the world and there was your nice package in the mail. It did make me smile and feel a little better!

Journal Entry 6 by ladybug74 at Bookbox, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Monday, May 17, 2010

Released 9 yrs ago (5/17/2010 UTC) at Bookbox, A Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

releasing into JennyC1230's ABC bookbox

Journal Entry 7 by ladybug74 from Dothan, Alabama USA on Monday, May 17, 2010
I liked this book a lot in the beginning and the characters felt real to me, like characters from non-fiction books of this type that I have read. As I got closer to the end, the book became less interesting and I just wanted to be done with it. It's interesting that this book is actually based on facts because it seemed read to me up until the last couple of chapters. At the end it just seemed rushed and then it seemed to end a bit abruptly.

Journal Entry 8 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Tuesday, August 17, 2010
This book came home in JennyC1230's ABC (Already Been Crossed) Bookbox.

I have never heard of this book, but it looks like a good one. I'm going to read it and get it moving again. Thanks for sharing!

Journal Entry 9 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Tuesday, August 02, 2016
I have decided not to read this book, I have so many others to read, this one seems to stay on the bottom of the pile. This one is ready to travel.

Journal Entry 10 by JennyC1230 at Little Free Library #5161 in Acworth, Georgia USA on Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Released 2 yrs ago (5/17/2017 UTC) at Little Free Library #5161 in Acworth, Georgia USA

Left in the Little Free Library #5161 in Acworth, Georgia. Enjoy the book!