When the Devil Holds the Candle (Inspector Sejer Mystery)

by Karin Fossum | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by Tuttasb of Trondheim, Sør-Trøndelag fylke Norway on 12/27/2006
Journal Entry 1 by Tuttasb from Trondheim, Sør-Trøndelag fylke Norway on Wednesday, December 27, 2006
Karin Fossum is a norwegian author, this is her third boook that's been translated into english. I will send this book in the mail to tha New Zealand BookCrossing Convention (Wellington February 2007). I hope this book can bring joy to some readers outside Norway and wish the book a interesting journey around the world. READ & RELEASE ME!

Sent by mail and hope it will make it to the convention.

Journal Entry 3 by Sherlockfan from Upper Hutt, Wellington Province New Zealand on Monday, January 08, 2007
This book arrived safely in Wellington and will be a delightful "find" for someone at the Convention. Karin Fossum is a very favourite new author to me - I actually received a copy of this book last Christmas and thoroughly enjoyed it. I really like books by Scandinavian authors - there is a refreshing difference about them that makes a welcome change. As with Hemming Mankell, Fossum books are a huge temptation to me when browsing in bookshops trying not to be tempted but always succumbing for those two.

Thank you very much Tuttasb for thinking of us. Much appreciated.

Journal Entry 4 by wingfuturecatwing from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Monday, February 19, 2007
Passed on to me at the convention by Sherlockfan - how exciting to get a book all the way from Norway!

^ ^
=+=
v

Journal Entry 5 by wingfuturecatwing from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Sunday, May 13, 2007
A strange book. I wasn't sure at first whether I was going to enjoy it - I was having trouble connecting with the characters, and the plot seemed like it was going to be obvious. But then as I read on, it began to grab me more, and I began to appreciate the picture the author was painting of the psychological motives of the characters. And then the plot began to twist, and things got much more interesting. So after an unpromising start, it turned out to be a book worth persevering with.

Plus it was cool to read a book set in Norway. I visited Norway for a couple of days while I was living in Britain (on a weekend trip with some friends), so it was interesting to compare everyday life (well, maybe not everyday, considering the subject matter of the book!) there with my brief tourist's impression.

^ ^
=+=
v

Journal Entry 6 by winglytteltonwitchwing from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Wednesday, May 16, 2007
Was given to me to read by FutureCat

Journal Entry 7 by winglytteltonwitchwing from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Saturday, January 05, 2008
Decided that it has lingered too long on the staff bookshelf and will be send to a friend.

Journal Entry 8 by winglytteltonwitchwing at Cafe Bleu, City Mall in Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Released 13 yrs ago (1/8/2008 UTC) at Cafe Bleu, City Mall in Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand

Was given to a staff member at the cafe