For One More Day

by Mitch Albom | Other |
Registered by wingAceofHeartswing of Mississauga, Ontario Canada on 12/26/2006
Journal Entry 1 by wingAceofHeartswing from Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, December 26, 2006
From the Publisher
A stunning new novel? from the author of the New York Times bestsellers Tuesdays with Morrie and The Five People You Meet in Heaven

Journal Entry 2 by wingAceofHeartswing at Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Thursday, April 12, 2012
Chick Benetto has had a troubled life. His father, in his childhood, had told him to be either a father's or mother's boy and to chose. He chose his father only to have him leave when he was eleven. Chick's mother struggled to raise her son but Chick never really knew her and blamed her for his father's absence.

Charley (Chick) has hit the bottom of the barrel with a life of neglect and alcohol. The final straw is being left out of his daughter's wedding. He drives to his hometown to commit suicide but can't even do that right.

He goes back to the old house when he once lived to discover his mother who had died eight years ago doing her regular routine. This gives him one more day to right wrongs and understand himself.

This is a short story which I found okay. There is a small twist which I didn't suspect and raised the story from ho hum to okay.

Journal Entry 3 by wingAceofHeartswing at Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, June 06, 2012
hand delivering to Brewski as a RABCK PayBack. Enjoy!!

Journal Entry 4 by brewski at Markham, Ontario Canada on Thursday, June 07, 2012
Wow, hand delivered, I feel special, and disappointed that I wasn't home to at least say hi :) Thanks again for the RABCK, I am looking forward to reading this very soon.

Journal Entry 5 by brewski at Markham, Ontario Canada on Monday, June 11, 2012
I couldn't resist peeking inside, and once I peeked I just kept reading since the book is so small and inviting. This was a nice story that definitely made me think about family, mortality, and the fact that life is precious.

I will probably pass this on to my Mom.

Journal Entry 6 by brewski at Richmond, California USA on Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Released 7 yrs ago (6/12/2012 UTC) at Richmond, California USA