Eleven on Top (A Stephanie Plum Novel)

by Janet Evanovich | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by HoserLauren of Burlington, Ontario Canada on 12/26/2006
Journal Entry 1 by HoserLauren from Burlington, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, December 26, 2006
Got this as a Christmas present. It's an ex-library copy.

From Amazon:
Stephanie Plum, Trenton's favorite bondswoman, is having a career crisis, which gives Janet Evanovich plenty of opportunities to showcase her series heroine in a variety of alternative vocations, from dry cleaner to factory worker. Most of them don't last a full working day, which is good for the reader, since it plunges Stephanie back into the always seedy, often dangerous, and always colorful world of fugitives who'd rather flee than face their day in court. She may be tired of having her life threatened, her cars torched or blown up, and her apartment broken into, but one thing she can say about her job is that it's never boring... and neither is she. Despite her intentions of going straight at a job with a little more security and a bit less excitement, an old client won't let her--he keeps leaving her threatening notes, stalking and scaring her, and making sure she needs the protection of the two men in her life--Joe Morelli, the sexy cop who's been bedding her since high school, and Ranger, the even sexier tough guy who can take down the meanest fugitive around but has a tender spot in his heart for the plucky Ms. Plum. All Evanovich fans' favorite characters people this sprightly caper novel, including Lula, the fast-food-chomping former hooker who's hot to take over Stephanie's job but really belongs in a WWE Takedown; Grandma Mazur, who'd rather go to a wake than a fancy-dress ball; Grandma Bella, the matriarch of the Corelli family whose evil eye frightens even the indomitable Stephanie; and Valerie, Stephanie's sister, who's about to embark on another trip to the altar. A great beach read, Eleven on Top is a guilty pleasure that will delight readers of the author's 10 earlier novels and should win her even more fans.

Journal Entry 2 by HoserLauren at Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, August 21, 2013
Bounty hunter Stephanie Plum has had enough of being hit, stalked, and almost murdered so she hands in her bounty hunter hat and tries out some new jobs. Typical to Stephanie style, she screws up the new jobs spectacularly. She starts getting threatening notes in her apartment and in her car and then people start getting blown up. Eventually, Stephanie starts working for Rangeman which actually suits her quite well. I wouldn't mind seeing her continue that job in future books, it works well for her and provides expected comedic relief.

I enjoyed this book more than some of the previous because Stephanie is doing something different with her time. My complaint, which would be the same for the past two books, is that once we find out who has been stalking Stephanie, the book pretty much ends right away.

Journal Entry 3 by wingAceofHeartswing at Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, August 28, 2013
This book is now with me :)

Journal Entry 4 by HoserLauren at Mississauga, Ontario Canada on Monday, September 23, 2013
This book is back with me. Unfortunately my mom (AceofHearts) didn't get a chance to read it before she passed away.

Journal Entry 5 by HoserLauren at Second Cup - Lakeshore at Navy in Oakville, Ontario Canada on Sunday, December 15, 2013

Released 5 yrs ago (12/15/2013 UTC) at Second Cup - Lakeshore at Navy in Oakville, Ontario Canada

To the finder of this book: I hope you enjoy reading this book. Please keep it or set it free when you're done. If the book is of no interest to you, please release it into the wild for someone else to find and enjoy. I hope you will make a journal entry so its journey can be tracked and to let me know the book has been found. You can remain anonymous if you wish, but if you join BookCrossing, you are in for a great experience.

Journal Entry 6 by JustXing at Oakville, Ontario Canada on Saturday, January 11, 2014
Found in Oakville, Ontario at Second Cup over the 2013/2014 New Year holiday period. Brought it home to Savannah, GA to finish reading. Just completed and ready to be released in Savannah! A quick and fun read. I enjoyed it.

Thank you HoserLauren for releasing. I'm very sorry about your Mom. Although I don't know you or her, it touched me to know that I was reading a book that had been released to her. Sending good thoughts your way...

Journal Entry 7 by JustXing at Savannah, Georgia USA on Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Released 5 yrs ago (1/14/2014 UTC) at Savannah, Georgia USA

Released to a friend. Let's see where it will go!