Savannah

by Eugenia Price | Women's Fiction |
Registered by wingbooklady331wing of Cape Coral, Florida USA on 12/29/2006
Journal Entry 1 by wingbooklady331wing from Cape Coral, Florida USA on Friday, December 29, 2006
Pre-numbered label used for registration.

For One Word Title August 2009 release challenge and 2009 RABCK challenge

If you are new to BookCrossing and found this book and this site, Welcome!

Journal Entry 2 by wingbooklady331wing from Cape Coral, Florida USA on Friday, December 29, 2006
Book Description
Few writers have earned a place in readers' hearts as dear as Eugenie Price. Her novels entice us into a vanished world, peopled by characters who immediacy makes their joy, sorrow, heartbreak, and soaring love something we can share and savor. Eugenia Price chose Savannah, Georgia as one of the most fascinating cities of the South, as the setting of a quartet of novels that follow the fortunes of the city and families that gave it life.Orphaned Mark Browning was only twenty when he renounced his father's fortune and sailed to Savannah, his mother's birthplace....and the home of two remarkable women. The first is Eliza McQueen Mackay, his mentor's beautiful wife, whom Mark loves with a deep, pure love that can never be spoken. The other is lovely young Caroline Cameron, whose life is blighted by a secret that has tormented her grandparents for half a century--a secret that affects Mark more closely than he imagines. Desiring one woman, loved by another Mark must confront the ghosts of a previous generation, and face the evil smoldering hate, before he can truly call Savannah his home.

Journal Entry 3 by wingbooklady331wing from Cape Coral, Florida USA on Sunday, August 02, 2009
I just completed reading Savannah. Recently I read Stranger in Savannah - book #4 -- and felt I had to go buy Savannah so I could read the story from the beginning. I find Ms. Price's historical novels educational and entertaining. Savannah make the reader anxious for the next book about the Mackay and Browning families. The book is well written,historically accurate, and a great read. As with every Price book I've read,I wanted another to read,right away! Now I need to find book #2 and #3 to complete the series. Sending this book to another BCer who has it on her wishlist.

Journal Entry 4 by wingbooklady331wing at Garland, Texas USA on Sunday, August 02, 2009

Released 10 yrs ago (8/2/2009 UTC) at Garland, Texas USA

Enjoy! a surprise RABCK. Trust you enjoy the book.

Journal Entry 5 by Lei510 from Garland, Texas USA on Sunday, August 09, 2009
Oh, how exciting! I found this nice surprize waiting for me today when the mail arrived. Thank you so much booklady! What a lovely thing to do. I look forward to reading it and passing it on.