The Book Thief

by Markus Zusack | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 033036426x Global Overview for this book
Registered by leith of Mentone, Victoria Australia on 12/18/2006
Journal Entry 1 by leith from Mentone, Victoria Australia on Monday, December 18, 2006
Megan purchased this (and two other copies) because it has been recommended as the best book of the year by a number of people. Happy Christmas and hope you enjoy the book!

Journal Entry 2 by TramGirl from Ballarat, Victoria Australia on Saturday, December 23, 2006
This was my KK book from the December '06 meetup. Thanks Leith (and Meganh) this looks like a great read, I was eyeing off the copy Lmn60 got handed earlier in the evening.

Journal Entry 3 by TramGirl from Ballarat, Victoria Australia on Tuesday, April 15, 2008
Well what do you know, I finally got around to reading this book!! It is such a large book I was waiting for an opportunity when I could read it without having to lug it around with me and finally I got that in January with my week up north at the beach doing nothing except reading, eating, sleeping and swimming!

So I enjoyed the book, I had attempted to start it previously but once again I started from the beginning so I wouldn't miss anything, it certainly is an eyeopener to what life in Germany may have been like for the 'locals'. The little girl who was the main character certainly endured a lot but she had good times as well and those are too be celebrated.

Overall a good read.

Journal Entry 4 by TramGirl at Kaleidoscope Cafe OBCZ in Brunswick, Victoria Australia on Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Released 12 yrs ago (4/5/2008 UTC) at Kaleidoscope Cafe OBCZ in Brunswick, Victoria Australia

I took this along to the recent brunch meetup, hopefully someone picked it up from the table otherwise it would have been added to the bookshelf.