The Highest Tide

by Jim Lynch | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by Jenatleisure of Chobham, Surrey United Kingdom on 11/28/2006
Journal Entry 1 by Jenatleisure from Chobham, Surrey United Kingdom on Tuesday, November 28, 2006
One of the books we read in the reading group, here are our views.

I think we were all slightly disappointed with the book which seemed to promise a lot at the beginning but not to deliver at the end and we probably wouldn’t recommend it to a friend. We liked the marine biology part – though some of us felt there was a bit too much of it. Miles was an interesting and surprisingly mature character – despite his size – he was treated as an adult by Florence, who gave him rather too much responsibility for a young teenager. The judge and restaurant both considered him reliable. We felt that people wanted to believe in mystical explanations for events and lost interest when a more mundane reason presented itself. We have also seen quite enough of teenage male angst after this and “Maybe a Miracle”. We would like to visit Olympia where Jim Lynch lives and the book is set, maybe on our Brookworms World Tour!

Released 12 yrs ago (6/30/2007 UTC) at BCUK Unconvention 2007 in Brighton & Hove, East Sussex United Kingdom

after a break from releasing books, I thought I should get back into it and so am going to pay a flying visit to the Unconvention in Brighton and leave a few books behind.

I hope you enjoy this book, my reading group had mixed views about it but generally I liked it as a simple story, but then I love the sea

Journal Entry 3 by Twicky from Twickenham, Middlesex United Kingdom on Sunday, July 01, 2007
Picked up from the table at the 2007 Unconvention and to be released as part of the Unconvention Reverse Scavenger Hunt.

Released 12 yrs ago (7/1/2007 UTC) at Prince Regent Swimming Complex in Brighton & Hove, East Sussex United Kingdom

Released as part of the Unconvention Reverse Scavenger Hunt. Hope somebody finds me :-)