The Four Agreements

by Don Miguel Ruiz | Philosophy |
Registered by dawni of Windsor, Ontario Canada on 11/19/2006
Journal Entry 1 by dawni from Windsor, Ontario Canada on Sunday, November 19, 2006
Purchased new from Chapters in Victoria, BC, Canada.

This is a wonderful book, full of simple (but not easy) truths that have the potential to transform our lives. It's something I can see myself coming back to several times at various stages of my life.

A summary of The Four Agreements:

1. Be Impeccable With Your Word

Speak with integrity. Say only what you mean. Avoid using the word to speak against yourself or to gossip about others. Use the power of your word in the direction of truth and love.

2. Don't Take Anything Personally

Nothing others do is because of you. What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won't be the victim of needless suffering.

3. Don't Make Assumptions

Find the courage to ask questions and to express what you really want. Communicate with others as clearly as you can to avoid misunderstandings, sadness and drama. With just this one agreement, you can completely transform your life.

4. Always Do Your Best

Your best is going to change from moment to moment; it will be different when you are healthy as opposed to sick. Under any circumstance, simply do your best, and you will avoid self-judgment, self-abuse and regret.
I will definitely purchase copies of this book in the future to pass along as gifts.

Journal Entry 2 by dawni at Victoria, British Columbia Canada on Sunday, October 09, 2011
On its way to a fellow BookCrosser!