Bridget Jones's Diary

by Helen Fielding | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by deereads of Barrie, Ontario Canada on 11/11/2006
Journal Entry 1 by deereads from Barrie, Ontario Canada on Saturday, November 11, 2006
She's always trying to cut down on smokes, cut out the binges and cut off her alcohol intake, but when the weekend rolls around, who's really counting? She's Bridget Jones, smart and impudent British writer Helen Fielding's fashionable, witty and ultra-modern creation that's taken the best-selling book world by storm. A hilarious and no-holds-barred account of modern single life hitting the dregs with style, Bridget Jones's Diary is sound bite after sound bite of uproarious Brit humour at its razor-sharpest. (from the publisher)

Journal Entry 2 by deereads from Barrie, Ontario Canada on Saturday, November 25, 2006
Chosen by lottiotta for my "20 pounds of me is gone" RABCK.

Journal Entry 3 by Lottiotta from Aberdovey, Wales United Kingdom on Sunday, December 31, 2006
Well, I read the second one, so now I can read the first! Thanks so much, I really appreciate it. Congrats on losing that 20 pounds, sort of like a successful Bridget! Best wishes... x

Journal Entry 4 by Shven-bob from Swansea, Wales United Kingdom on Sunday, February 11, 2007
Borrowed from Lottiotta's bookshelf. An enjoyable read. Not believable as a diary for the most part, what with the conversations and so on, but this doesn't detract from enjoyment of the story. Funny, well written and worth reading.

This has gone back to Lottiotta's bookshelf

Journal Entry 5 by Lottiotta from Aberdovey, Wales United Kingdom on Tuesday, May 29, 2007
Bridget Jones books are good, but not something I find as raucously funny as the reviews do... Hmmm. I do like the drunken feminist rants of her friends, and the whole plot was pretty good. Not much Mr. Darcy in it though...?

Anyway, it was good, but I'm not sure I'd recommend it. :)

4th June 2007
Sent to Tanja in Switzerland as part of a book-swapping thingy I got from AmberKatze. :) Hope she likes it!

Journal Entry 6 by Morgaine77 from Münchenstein, Baselland Switzerland on Saturday, June 09, 2007
Yippie, this is the second book I received through the Paperback Swap thingie!

Thanks so much for sending this to me Lottiotta! cheers from Switzerland!