Guenevere, Queen of the Summer Country

by Rosalind Miles | History |
Registered by lauraloo29 of Edmonton, Alberta Canada on 11/10/2006
Journal Entry 1 by lauraloo29 from Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Friday, November 10, 2006
Sent by my Bookrelay Halloween Exchange Partner. :)

Last in a line of proud queens elected to rule the fertile lands of the West, true owner of the legendary Round Table, guardian of the Great Goddess herself . . . a woman whose story has never been told -- until now.

Raised in the tranquil beauty of the Summer Country, Princess Guenevere has led a charmed and contented life -- until the sudden, violent death of her mother, Queen Maire, leaves the Summer Country teetering on the brink of anarchy. Only the miraculous arrival of Arthur, heir to the Pendragon dynasty, allows Guenevere to claim her mother''s throne. Smitten by the bold, sensuous princess, Arthur offers to marry her and unite their territories, allowing her to continue to reign in her own right. Their love match creates the largest and most powerful kingdom in the Isles. Yet even the glories of Camelot are not safe from the shadows of evil and revenge. Arthur is reunited with his long-lost half-sisters, Morgause and Morgan, princesses torn from their mother and their ancestral right by Arthur''s father, the brutal and unscrupulous King Uther. Both daughters will avenge their suffering, but it is Morgan who strikes the deadliest blows, using her enchantments to destroy all Guenevere holds dear and to force Arthur to betray his Queen.

In the chaos that follows, Arthur dispatches a new knight to Guenevere, the young French prince Lancelot, never knowing that Lancelot''s passion for the Queen, and hers for him, may be the love that spells ruin for Camelot.

Journal Entry 2 by lauraloo29 from Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Thursday, July 16, 2009
I don't know the King Arthur story. This was certainly an interesting interpretation. However, my interest would falter.

Journal Entry 3 by lauraloo29 from Edmonton, Alberta Canada on Thursday, July 23, 2009
I'm going to send this out as part of a book spiral.

Rules: Not many. Please journal the book's arrival and departure. And please keep it moving by keeping it no longer than 4-6 weeks. The last person is free to release the book as they wish.

1. babelfisk - Sweden (Intl)
2. hereticcoy - US (US)
3. Rrrcaron - US (US)
4. nattabee - US (Intl)
5. nediamnori87 - UK (UK)

Beginning its journey on July 25th. Happy traveling!

Journal Entry 4 by wingbabelfiskwing from Jönköping, Småland Sweden on Thursday, September 03, 2009
This book arrived today! It sure took a long time to reach me. From what I can see on the envelop it was posted it on 25 July! Well, now it's here and I'll start reading it tonight. Thanks for sharing!

Journal Entry 5 by wingbabelfiskwing from Jönköping, Småland Sweden on Thursday, September 24, 2009
I like this book though it took me some time to get into it. Quite different from The Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley!
Looking forward to the remaining two.

I've PM'd hereticcoy and will send the book as soon as I get the address.

Edit: I PM'd hereticcoy twice. No answer. Now I'm mailing the book to Rrrcaron instead. Maybe se can get in contact with hereticcoy.

Journal Entry 6 by Rrrcaron from Lancaster, New Hampshire USA on Thursday, October 22, 2009
Received this book in the mail today. Will get to it soon.
Ruth

Journal Entry 7 by Rrrcaron from Lancaster, New Hampshire USA on Saturday, November 14, 2009
I loved this book!!! Took awhile for me to get into the story, but then I was hooked. So much deceit andtragedy in the court. I can't wait to see what happens in the second book. Sending on to next reader. Thanks so much for sharing!

Journal Entry 8 by nattabee from Madisonville, Kentucky USA on Friday, November 27, 2009
Arrived safely in KY! I have one book ahead of it, but will try to get to it soon and done in a timely manner. :-)

Journal Entry 9 by nattabee from Madisonville, Kentucky USA on Sunday, January 03, 2010
When I do a bookring, I try to get the book done in a little under a month, so I feel guilty even keeping the book even this long.
Sorry, but I just couldn't get into the story. I like the story of King Arthur in general, but this book is way different from what I expected. I kept trying to get into the story and finally surrended to defeat today. I will ask to be excused from the rest of the series, and will pm the next person in line so that it can be on its way.
Maybe the next reader will find it more interesting.

Journal Entry 10 by nattabee from Madisonville, Kentucky USA on Thursday, January 14, 2010
I forgot to JE when I sent this traveling again. I just noticed that it was in my "Reserved" pile, but I promise that I mailed this to nediamnori87 in UK a few days ago (right after I journaled lastly on January 3rd.) Hopefully it is still in route to its new temporary home.

Journal Entry 11 by nediamnori87 from St Andrews, Scotland United Kingdom on Monday, January 18, 2010
I received this book on Saturday but I'm still swamped with revision and with traditional BC fashion all my rays have shown up at once. I'll get on to reading as soon as possible after tomorrow.

Thank you so much for the magnet and the calendar. I went to Kentucky last year but had a horrible time of finding any sort of souvenirs in the day I was there!

Journal Entry 12 by nediamnori87 from St Andrews, Scotland United Kingdom on Friday, January 29, 2010
This didn't take me long to get into, unlike I, Elizabeth. I found the writing style much easier to follow and using the points of view of various people really helped the story along. There were some points of frustration in the book but that was more to do with the way the characters were acting rather than the writing styles. It was also interesting to see how some of the Pagan/Celtic feasts were celebrated. It gave an overall fantastic atmosphere to the book and really helped you become absorbed. It was a very different interpretation into the story than I was expecting but I look forward to reading the next book.

Have PMed Lauraloo29 to find out where it is to travel next. Thank you again for sharing.

Journal Entry 13 by nediamnori87 at St Andrews, Scotland United Kingdom on Friday, February 12, 2010

Released 9 yrs ago (2/12/2010 UTC) at St Andrews, Scotland United Kingdom

To the finder:

Congratulations and welcome to BookCrossing!
Thank you so much for picking up this book. Please make a journal entry here on this page if you haven’t already done so to let me know that this book has found a good home. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join (it is entirely free). If you choose to join, I would love if you could indicate nediamnori87 referred you on your my profile page. The community here is so much fun and everyone is really friendly it would be fantastic if you wanted to join. You can even continue to track the book once it's left your hands to see how far it has travelled!

Happy Reading