Things Fall Apart

by Chinua Achebe | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by alsomama of Seattle, Washington USA on 1/10/2003
Journal Entry 1 by alsomama from Seattle, Washington USA on Friday, January 10, 2003
What an interesting book! The language is simple, but lovely. The best thing would be to hear this book read by James Earl Jones. Achebe describes the life of Okonkwo and the tragedy that befalls him because he is afraid of being seen as weak. Set in Africa, there is rich description of tribal life and how it is affected by the coming of European missionaries.

Journal Entry 2 by alsomama at Post Office on California Avenue in West Seattle, Washington USA on Friday, January 10, 2003
Release planned for Sunday, January 12, 2003 at Post Office on California Avenue in West Seattle in Seattle, Washington USA.

I'll be sending this book to new BookCrossing member nikkers. She requested this in a nervousness exchange, which is a good thing because it made me read the book before releasing it. What an intriguing story!

Journal Entry 3 by nikkers from Toronto, Ontario Canada on Friday, January 17, 2003
Received the book in the mail today. I can't wait to read it!