The Ukrainian Wedding

by Larry Warwaruk | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by loveamystery of Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on 11/6/2006
Journal Entry 1 by loveamystery from Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Monday, November 06, 2006
From the back cover: "Part murder mystery, part folk tale, The Ukrainian Wedding is a wonderful celebration of life in the Ukrainian settlements of the Manitoba Interlake during World War Two. Here live a people facing great change, caught up in a tangled skein of hopes and desires. Where will it all end?"

Journal Entry 2 by loveamystery from Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Monday, October 22, 2007
I really enjoyed this book, especially since I have lived in Manitoba myself. This story would be especially interesting to someone of Ukrainian heritage or to someone who is familiar with the province of Manitoba. I hope to include it in my "Two Worlds" virtual bookbox.

Released 10 yrs ago (1/13/2009 UTC) at Controlled release by hand to paw., Controlled release by hand to paw. -- Controlled Releases

Gave this to eicuthbertson, who chose it out of my Two Worlds virtual bookbox. Happy reading!

Journal Entry 4 by eicuthbertson from Burnaby, British Columbia Canada on Thursday, January 15, 2009
Thank you and thank you for the beautiful bookmark too. Looking forward to reading this. My mum was from Manitoba and I am just researching a Ukrainian Canadian family so it will be a good read for me right now.

Journal Entry 5 by eicuthbertson from Burnaby, British Columbia Canada on Monday, May 03, 2010
Why did I wait so long to read this? From my TBR pile.

Great story - loved the imagery and the vivid references to Ukrainian culture and folktales. Interesting characters too. Not convinced about all the historical references, (one in particular), but most ring true.

Released 8 yrs ago (12/15/2010 UTC) at Romana Pizza & Steakhouse Ltd. in Burnaby, British Columbia Canada

Releasing at the Lower Mainland BookCrossing Meetup.