The Bookseller of Kabul

by Asne Seierstad | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by brewski of Markham, Ontario Canada on 12/15/2006
Journal Entry 1 by brewski from Markham, Ontario Canada on Friday, December 15, 2006
Got this at some booksale (Bookcloseouts Warehouse sale, or Chrohn's/Colitis sale) that I can't remember. Popping it to the top of my To Be read list so that I can send it off to rootmartin as part of the "Keep it moving reverse wishlist relay" BookRelay.

Journal Entry 2 by brewski from Markham, Ontario Canada on Thursday, December 21, 2006
This book was an interesting perspective on the historic events occurring in Afghanistan after the fall of the Taliban. What was quite shocking was the the completely patriarchial family structure in evidence throughout all of the tale. Without meaning to sound judgemental, I can't help but think how backwards it is...

Overall this was quite an interesting read that I thoroughly enjoyed. Now I will pass this book on to rootmartin.

Journal Entry 3 by brewski from Markham, Ontario Canada on Thursday, December 21, 2006
Going into the Canada Post mailbox tomorrow morning.

Journal Entry 4 by rootmartin from Wellesley, Massachusetts USA on Thursday, January 11, 2007
Received in the mail today. Thanks so much,brewski! I've been looking forward to reading this.