The Sunday Philosophy Club

by Alexander McCall Smith | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by BookGroupMan of Criccieth, Wales United Kingdom on 10/29/2006
Journal Entry 1 by BookGroupMan from Criccieth, Wales United Kingdom on Sunday, October 29, 2006
Picked up from the library on the Island Star cruise ship...the first in a new tec series from AMcS. I'm looking forward to this :)

Journal Entry 2 by BookGroupMan from Criccieth, Wales United Kingdom on Thursday, November 02, 2006
(2/11) Beware the testimonial on the blurb, ‘The No.2 Lady Detective…anyone who loves Precious cannot fail to be charmed’. Well I think that Mma Precious Ramotswe is great, but I was underwhelmed by the Edinburgh-based bluestocking Isabel Dalhousie. Despite only being in her early 40’s, she seems to be set in her ways as an interfering joyless spinster (more Miss Marple than Kinsey Millhone)...and what’s more the Sunday Philosophy Club didn’t even meet, and ID annoying appends the words ‘moral’ or ‘ethical’ to almost any question, dilemma or random thought that pops into her head. Not interesting, a weak story, unengaging characters, disappointing!

Journal Entry 3 by wingNeroKingsOBCZwing from Cambridge, Cambridgeshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, November 07, 2006
Now available on the Official BookCrossing Zone bookshelf in Caffe Nero, King's Parade, Cambridge.

If you have picked up this book, thank you for visiting the website (and the cafe!). Please take a moment to let us know you have the book, then post your review when you've read it, and pass it on to someone else. If you join, you'll be able to see what's happened to it afterwards - for ever!

P.S. I (LindyB28) loved this book so much that I immediately put the sequel on my wishlist, which is, incidentally, just as lovely. I'm now waiting for the third Isobel novel to come out in paperback!

Released 13 yrs ago (11/7/2006 UTC) at Caffe Nero, King's Parade OBCZ in Cambridge, Cambridgeshire United Kingdom

This journal entry is out of sequence, but, as of last night's Cambridge meet-up, tho book is on the shelf!