Death in the Cards: A Stain-busting Mystery (Toadfern Mysteries)

by Sharon Short | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by loveamystery of Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on 10/29/2006
Journal Entry 1 by loveamystery from Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Sunday, October 29, 2006
From the back cover:"Laundromat owner and stain removal expert Josie Toadfern knows her tiny town's dirty clothes and most of its dirty little secrets. But an upcoming "Psychic Fair" is bringing a brand-new mess to Paradise, Ohio. The arrival of all manner of mystics and soothsayers has raised the dangerous ire of a local evangelist and his minions, as well as the more conservative citizens of Paradise - so it doesn't take a crystal ball to predict that murder will ultimately foul the fair. But Josie couldn't forsee that she'd be the one to stumble upon the body, or that her impeccable stain-sense would embroil her in the nasty homicidal happenings. And suddenly her attempt to psych out a killer has Josie's own future looking very grim indeed."

Journal Entry 2 by loveamystery from Vancouver, British Columbia Canada on Thursday, January 11, 2007
This was such a fun mystery and I really liked the sleuth, Josie Toadfern. The other characters were great too. The stain removal tips were a nice bonus.

Journal Entry 3 by loveamystery at bookbox in Bookbox, Bookbox -- Controlled Releases on Sunday, June 17, 2007

Released 11 yrs ago (6/17/2007 UTC) at bookbox in Bookbox, Bookbox -- Controlled Releases

Released to my Recent Mysteries Virtual Bookbox. Enjoy!

This book was chosen by affinity4books and it is now on its way to her.

Journal Entry 4 by affinity4books from Bryan, Texas USA on Tuesday, July 03, 2007
Received in the mail today.
Thanks for letting me participate in the box!
And thans for the nice bookmark :)

Journal Entry 5 by affinity4books from Bryan, Texas USA on Saturday, September 01, 2007
I enjoyed this cozy mystery, especially the main character and her normal, not perfect background. Some parts of the mystery were easy to figure out, but the story still kept me interested until the end. I would like to read more in the series. Thank you for sharing!

Journal Entry 6 by affinity4books at Starbuck's on Bosque and Wooded Acres in Waco, Texas USA on Thursday, December 27, 2007

Released 11 yrs ago (12/27/2007 UTC) at Starbuck's on Bosque and Wooded Acres in Waco, Texas USA

on BC bookshelf