The Black Tattoo

by Sam Enthoven | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by randombooks of London, Greater London United Kingdom on 10/22/2006
Journal Entry 1 by randombooks from London, Greater London United Kingdom on Sunday, October 22, 2006
Fast-paced fantasy. Philip Ardargh review in this weekend's Guardian and liked it.

Journal Entry 2 by randombooks from London, Greater London United Kingdom on Sunday, October 22, 2006
sent to bc4orty7seven

Journal Entry 3 by 4orty7even from Kingston upon Thames, Surrey United Kingdom on Saturday, October 28, 2006
Arrived in the post yesterday - many thanks. Looks like a good book. Will journal again when one of the kids - or myself ;o) - has read it.

Update Oct 30th
Took a look at this, while my son was away at a Haloween Scout camp, to see if I thought he'd like it. My current book has since been ignored and I'm now on page 320 !

Update Nov 1st
Finished it today. This is the first children's book I've read as an adult (never got past page 1 of Harry Potter!), and at first I didn't really intend to read it all the way through. The story was intriguing, which is probably what kept me going, but I found the writing style immature for my own tastes (I'm not 10 any more!). So, even though it was quite enjoyable, I'd probably not bother with anything similar. I'm certain my son will enjoy it though, when he finishes Eragon.